Chapter 6- Truth

" W-What!?" Doll pulled away. " But.... but how!"
" it's been happening ever since I was a kid... I just never told anyone." Jeremy's eyes stang with tears, but he closed them tightly shut in a vain attempt to stop the tears. Jeremy looked away from doll.
" I..... I gotta go tell Mike...." Doll rushed away, leaving Jeremy alone with his thoughts.
Jeremy had never felt so relieved yet guilty in his life.
It was a few minutes later that Jeremy heard an outrageous " WHAT!?!!!" From a few doors down. Jeremy could tell it was Mike.
Sure enough, he heard Mike stomp over to his room.
". JEREMY FITZGERALD!!!!" Yelled Mike. " EXPLAIN!!!" Jeremy winced at Mikes tone.
Mike's gaze softened slightly. " What happened?...!" Jeremy took a deep breath, and said-
". He's been abusing me.... Even worse, since my mom died." Jeremy was surprised at how steady his voice was. " I never told anyone.... U-Until now..... I'm so sorry, Mike..."
Mike looked at him, his gaze steady.
" you don't need to apologize, kid..... Im just glad your okay. But...." Mike hesitated, and his voice hardened. ". We need to turn your dad in. That-" mike said a word that the author of this story would rather not say just for the sake of the readers- and Jeremy winced at his foul wordplay- " deserves to rot away In jail. I'll go tell the doctor." Mike patted Jeremy's shoulder, and his hand remained there for a second. " stay strong, kid." Mike left, and so did doll, but she gave him a reassuring smile as she walked out the door.
Jeremy looked down, waiting for that burden like sadness to return, as it had all these years.... But it wasn't there. Jeremy was surprised. Now that his father was gone... He couldn't control Jeremy's life anymore. He had no power.
Jeremy was almost free....
And as this all happens, for the first time I'm his life.... He felt.... Safe.....
And somehow, even with his horrible job, threatening to kill him almost every night, and with Mike and his horrible puns..... Jeremy felt.......

Happy.

TO BE CONTINUED
( HEEEEY guys!!! This is the author. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the views, and for your support! This story is dedicated to my best friend, Stephanie.
I might make a sequel.... But it all depends on how many views and such this gets! Comment if you want a sequel, ignore if your satisfied with what's here.
Thanks !
- MarioNOT____1987)