❣︎ NUMBERS ❣︎

I sat in the library doodling in my sketchbook. I was never here this late but I stayed just for him. I wanted to tell him, I needed  to tell him. Although he was "The popular guy" and we weren't close friends or anything, we talked sometimes. He's so funny and I get butterflies every time I'm around him. He's beautiful. The other day some dumbass bumped into me and knocked all of my books out of my hands but he helped me pick them all up. It felt just like a fucking movie. 

"Hey!" Christopher said, as he left his friends and walked up to me.

"Hi" I said confidently.

I knew exactly what I needed to say to him. A part of me was happy that he came up to me first as I felt my confidence start to slip away the more I thought about going up to him.

"I haven't seen you in a few days.." He sat down next to me and held my hand.

I felt myself blush, and even though I'm black I know  he saw it.

It went silent for a second.

"So Chris..." I started.

"Yeah?" He stared at me.

I zoned out for a second, rethinking my choice....

"Emy?"

"Oh yeah sorry uh..." I snapped back to my senses.

"Can I have your number?" I said stupidly.

I was going to ask if he wanted to hang out but...a number is enough!

He sat in silence for a second. I started to get nervous.

What if he says no!?

What if he doesn't want my number!?

What if he makes fun of me with his friends!?

What if-

"Yeah sure." Chris said, calming me and my thoughts down.

I handed him my phone and he began to type his number in.                   

My thoughts trailed off again.

Does he even want to talk to me?

Does he even like me?

Is he-

"EMYYY" Christopher waved his hand in my face.

"Oh sorry" I chuckled awkwardly.

"You seem to be zoning out a lot today, are you okay? He asked me.

"Yeah I'm good." I smiled

"Okay well...I gotta go."

"Oh okay see you!"

"Text me later!" He smirked

"O-oh okay " I smiled as I began to pack my stuff back up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in such a rush to text Chris. When I got home I; greeted my mum, had dinner, washed the dishes, showered, said goodnight to my mum, then finally got in my bed. I picked up my phone and started to overthink it again.

Was he serious about texting him back?

Did he not want me to?

If I do, will it annoy him?

"Fuck it" I said out-loud before scrolling through my numbers and pressing: Frank ;)

most of his friends call him that so i guess we're friends now?  I thought, smiling to myself

-Hey :)

I texted. Less than 5 minutes later I got a reply.

-Uhhh hi, who's this?

I stared at the message, puzzled. Maybe he forgot he gave his number to me?

-Emy, from school? 

-What? Uhhh how did you get my number?

Now I was really confused. He can't have forgotten this quick

-You gave it to me and the library earlier...

-No i didn't....

-Yes you did Frank 😭

-Who the fuck is Frank?

-You..Chris? Christopher??

-What? I'm not fucking Chris☠️☠️?

Huh? Is he pranking me?

-Are you pranking me Chris?

-Are YOU pranking me? I'm not Chris, I'm Tyler.

-Send me a picture.

>Frank ;) sent a photo

I stared at the photo. There was no way it wasn't real. I've got Tyler's number, NOT Chris's. I did recognise the boy as he was actually in most of my classes. He was good-looking and all , but he wasn't Chris...

-I'm sorry, ig Chris gave me your number instead of his...

Just then I heard my phone ping again.

-Hey, I don't know the full story but that guy Chris is a dick and I'm sorry he gave you my number instead of his.

I smiled down at the text. At least he cared and apologised even though it wasn't his fault. I decided to reply.

-It's okay it's not your fault.

I changed the contact name to "Tyler" and sighed as i put my phone down, fixed my bonnet, and lay down in bed fighting my tears.

I eventually let a few drop onto my pillow, and then more and more until I fell asleep.