𝟎𝟎𝟖.

"Unspoken words"

Word of the "incident" spread like wildfire rather quickly

Word of the "incident" spread like wildfire rather quickly. It was all that was discussed in the corridors and was printed in all the hundreds of copies of the newspaper.

'he-who-must-not-be-named', some said

'death eaters', others seethed.

the first years were terrified, convinced it was some ghost or curse that lurked in the shadows of the castle. the Slytherin common room was deserted for weeks, all students scared that if they were caught there alone, they might be the ones hung next.

the advanced potions room in the dungeons of the castle grows quiet as Snape entered. his robe trailed behind him blowing with the wind of his fast pace as he rushed to the front of the room. he took a sharp turn to face the rows of startled students. the class was a mixture of Gryffindors and Slytherins, the line between them clearly visible as each house took their ownership over their half of the room. the thick eeriness that had been established over the course of the last week was clearly present.

Snape takes off the one large ring on his right hand, carefully placing it down on the mahogany desk with a light clang. "pathetic.", was all he said. what he spoke of nobody dared question. he simply took his time scanning the room ever so slowly, breaths calculated. his gaze stopped at the empty seat by blaise where the mikealson usually sat. his face morphed into a look of disgust.

he walked down the center of the room, his wrinkly hand grazing each desk by his side, fingertips picking up the dust. "slytheins know better." an idea of what he spoke about reached only the ones paying attention. "brilliant execution, not so brilliant idea." his voice trailed slowly, his pace resembled the one of a sloth.

primrose came in through the double doors, ignoring the stares, passing Snape, and taking her place in the seat next to blaise.

"nice of you to join us mikealson. You're late!", Snape spoke. when saying the word that had been in so many peoples mouths over the extent of the year it held a certain bitterness. Mikealson.

he feast his eyes upon the girl. she read something in his glower. he knew something. it was evident to both her and malfoy. the ones who knew how the incident had come to be.

there was a tension in the room only the three Slytherins captured. unspoken words that were fighting to rise to the air.

blaise only stared at the mikealson through his peripheral vision. he caught her attention with the feather from his quill. she locked her gaze with his and he gave her a look as if to say 'what is this?'. she shrugged, having received his silent message and he looked back at the strange professor.

"class." Snape's tone changed drastically into its usual dull fashion. " today you are to brew an antidote to common potions." he slowly made his way back to the front of the room. "might prove useful when in need of reversing the effects of any common potion." he held his hands behind his back as he walked, gaze stuck to the stone floor. "you never know when you might find yourself in a situation you weren't expecting. you never know someone's true-" he paused. "intentions."