I tapped the tip of my pen against my notebook as I absentmindedly looked out in front of me

I tapped the tip of my pen against my notebook as I absentmindedly looked out in front of me. My entire body ached from the lack of sleep, a splitting headache pulsing throughout my temple. I could almost feel my eyebags holding my head down as I rested my head against the trunk of a tree.

I felt the damp ground soak into my bleach washed pants, dying them a dirty brown as I refused to get up. My eyes sluggishly stared ahead at the lush green forestry, I had come out here to clear my head to do my homework. The deadline was only slithering it venomously green underbelly closer.

It had only been yesterday that I fled the Cullen's household.

Now that mind and heart rate has settled, I had to admit, I behaved recklessly. I lost control of my emotions and only ended up provoking the both of us, even though I had no say in what he does or doesn't decide to share with me. However, the obvious tattle-tales in everything they did was too much to ignore.

It was true when I said I don't feel safe with Emmett, however at the same time I believe with my whole being that he would never hurt me intentionally. I didn't fear Emmett or his family, I feared the secrets they held and whatever collateral damage came with them. In any other situation I would've distanced myself the second I felt something was wrong, but it was like Emmett held me in his palms.

I couldn't help but be drawn into him, he was alluring in a deathly attractive way.

The pen dancing loosely in my fingers slipped, snapping me back to my broken reality. I looked closely as my pen rolled down the side of my thigh, falling onto the grass. It's silver coating shined brightly, making me look up, basking in the sunlight. Today the clouds had dissipated, letting the star's rays come down and kiss my skin.

However, on this miraculous day, I spent it alone. The Cullen family had apparently taken the day off to go camping, which had been rumored to be their family tradition. Although they were gone, Bella had also decided she exclusively wanted to hang out with her friends and go to Port Angeles to give them prom dress advice. I wasn't sure why they decided to trust Bella's opinion and not mine which had been experienced in fashion critique. But, I just wasn't close enough to them to be brought along.

I hadn't realized just how lonely I had really been until now, I had no one to lean on with my boy problems when Bella was in the same boat and all my other friends were siblings with said boy. But even if I had someone who I could confide in, the thoughts swinging around in my head might only end me up in a mental institution. It has been written in big bold letters that the Cullens were NOT human and if they were, then they had super powers.

Frankly, at this point, one might think I am making up a plot for the next big supernatural movie. I ranged from radioactive bugs to aliens. They all had been small whifts of inspiration for me to start connecting thoughts, but they all fell off one way or another.

I finally reached down to grab my pen when I caught sight of my palm, the bandages from my nails were lightly splotched with a deep red. I was going to ignore it, when I froze.