Ch31

Though I did not rescue Seedeaters solely for the sake of compensation It is nice getting some recognition for my hard work.

Jack informed everyone he would return momentarily as he needed to retrieve my prize from his back shed, Jeff kicked up a fuss but shut his mouth when he didn't get the reaction he wanted, opting to sit and sulk like a drunk toddler, his cheeks would be puffed out had they the ability to retain air.

Toby on the other hand did not mind the exclusion, in fact he seemed exited, holding Seedeaters side, giddily awaiting the surprise.

I admit I too am curious what this Eyeless guy had hidden behind his back, I straightened when I noticed his figure approaching from behind some brush, only to be left confused when I noticed a young woman being dragged behind him.

When I say dragged, I mean it literally, her body lay bound with tight rope that snaked into a not, her mouth gagged with the same restraint, tightly restricting her jaw, she looked to be in tears as she watched her body be helplessly hauled by her feet.

She looked like a bound pork roast.

Jack tossed the lady before me, no delicacy in his action, "Alright, hear we are, one of the best from my personal stash", his voice held a speck of pride, looking at me quizzically when I simply stood bewildered, "It's not what I was originally giving out, but you won't have a use for that anyways."

"I don't think it wants it Jack, you sure it likes stuff like this?" Toby crouched down to stare at the lady, far closer then deemed personal, Jeff also gave a hint of interest, fiddling with the weapon in his pouch pocket.

I could see Seedeater drooling some, his eyes fixated, my brain however still has not comprehended the situation, I could hear the hard whistling of a fan in my ears, trying to cool my mind before it fried.

The lady glanced at the faces around her before they trailed over to me, she is pretty, ill giver her that, typical blond type, fit, classy, just the kind that die fist in a horror movie while having sex with the jock.

'Bet she is a bitch too', I huffed, clacking my beak, the sound drew Jacks attention from his discussion with Toby, "Well, it might prefer male, though I don't keep any around if I can help it, to much testosterone."

Jack snapped his fingers in realization, "right, I almost forgot, sorry about that friend, I have not met many as picky as you."

Jack dug around his full pockets, an awful squishy noise along with a juicy substance spewed with his maneuvering, in his grasp is a sharp pointed blade, a scalpel if you will, the head obviously just recently replaced.

He postures himself before me, His hand grasps the woman's blond hair tightly, wrenching it back to expose her unblemished throat, he purposely displayed his intent, almost teasingly.

My mind finally reconnected to reality, but my body remained fazed, I have no time to react, Jack slid his blade along her neck, the skin not fully realizing its damage, the blood burst through the deep incision all at once, spittering before dripping along her flesh.

It is a messy sight, to my surprise I could only question how one person contained so much blood. It's not the first time I have seen someone die, just the quickest, most professional method.

Her body fell, eyes wide, her lips trembled with her last muffled words. I could give myself a pat on the back for my composure.

"Eat", my legs almost gave out at Jacks command, composure instantly gone, "you mind sharing with Seedeater? I think it has been a while since he last had anything nutritious."

I looked at Seed who stood by my side, saliva dripped from his mouth in large quantities, his eyes wide, his tongue dragged along his snout, his eyes lingered on me, hopeful, "ShArE?"

My gaze traveled down to the fresh corps, back to Seed, doing a double take of the situation I am involved in.

'Ok (Y/N), this is a chance to make a name for yourself, people do crazy things to make friends all the time, maybe this is a bit extreme, but it falls into the category nonetheless', I give Seedeater a determined nod, hyping up my resolve while it lingers.

Seedeater waists no time, her organs already lining the grass. I swallow hard, taking a seat beside my dinner date, resolved wavering for a moment as I watched Seedeater pig out, throwing his head back to consume his mouthful in such a messy and unrefined manner.

Then I smelled it, a familiar aroma from the entrails, I glanced at Jack who sat back and watched expectantly, Jack had given me something that smelled the same.

'Fuck it', I shoved my face into the corpses open ribcage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm going to throw up, I tried to hold in a belch, but the stench exited my nose, dried blood lined my mask and beak.

I ate far too much to prove myself in these people's eyes, stuffing my round body to the max and was rewarded with comatose. At least everyone else is pleased with my results, Seed especially, he won't leave my side even refusing medical attention when Jack noticed his whip scars.

Jack also questioned the leaves still attached to Seeds back, "are these Oak leaves? there stuck on you pretty good, I assume you would prefer I refrain from removing them."

Jack left us be to ourselves after the checkup, he said its about time he pops in to see how Hoodie is doing, thankfully the injured man had awoken, not the most soft-spoken sleeping beauty but it does not seem to be Jacks first time dealing with him.

The man limped out with Toby's assistance, his arm slung over the others shoulder.

"Say Hoodie, have you called Masky yet? you should get on that, he gets cranky when he does not know something," Toby sat Hoodie on the grass not far from where I lay, the twos voices scared off the birds in the vicinity.

Hoodie readjusting his mask to his face with an irritated huff, "Well excuse me for passing out, why didn't you call him, neither of us have heard from you for weeks, the hell have you been?"

"I got lost!" Toby stated so proudly it almost sounded like a legitimate excuse, Hoodie however is having none of it, he crossed his arms, staring sternly, "leaving all that work behind for Masky and I to do was not every nice, can you please start thinking about what your... actions precede."

Toby slumped, his eyes sincere, the softest whisper carried by the breeze to my ears, "... Toby always nice..."

"Except when you're not"

"I will eat your face!"

"What the hell is wrong with you!!"

"Everything!!!"

The two got to their feet mid argument, there voices so loud until they no longer talked, proceeding to yell wordlessly at one another.

They continued to do so after I got tired of it and left.