getting a new power.

Toad left beacon without telling anybody where he was going. He left on a journey to gain more power to get revenge on the people who tormented him, including his ex girlfriend. He found an abandoned temple in a forest in anima. He entered the temple ruins, hoping to find a weapon to make him stronger.

???: in order to find the weapon you seek, you must first pass the trials to determine that you are worthy.
Toad: my power is in the service of revenge.

As he delve deeper into the temple, he had to solve various puzzles and considering how smart he is, he passed all the trials and the weapon was revealed.

Toad: there they are. The blades of Athena. With this, I can finally get my revenge on those that wronged me. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Pyrrha, Nora, Coco, Velvet. I'm sorry that I had to leave beacon. I hope you can all forgive me.

Toad had thought he passed all the trials but there was one trial he has yet to pass.

Toad: huh. I didn't expect a minator to be the final trial.

Toad managed to get behind it but wasn't expecting the minator to have a snake for a tail.

Toad: that's not a minator! It's a Chimera!

After he defeated one chimera, a couple more showed up.

Toad: ok. This just got a lot harder.

Toad was victorious but was also gravely wounded.

Toad: damn. That was a lot harder than I thought. But at least I pulled it off. Well, better return to beacon. I'm pretty sure the girls are worried about me.