Chapter Nine

• Dedicated to My Fans and Readers

NINE

                                      She stared at the open cave where barely any light filtered through. She couldn't keep her mouth from opening up and exploding with gasps and little whimpers, it was too much for them; it was too much for kit to handle. She kept her eyes on the blood, watching is it trailed over the walls, over the ground were some oak leaves had fluttered down from  where they originally gleamed in the sun.

                                       She covered her mouth with her shaking hand and sunk to her knees. "Debra." She sobbed, Levi stood there, his face was shaken and pale; he looked freaked out, angry and dumbstruck all at the same time. She sunk to his knees moments after.

                                           There was a slight pause as Levi draped his arms over Kit's slender shoulders. "Are we going down there?"

                                              Levi just stared, not being able to answer. They both new the answer though, he began to nod, exchanging insane looks between Kit and the cave. They both breathed, watching as it created fog in the cool air and began to drift away along the wind.

                                             "How will this end for us though?" They both new it was the question that they kept on asking themselves in the back of their minds. Never did they want to actually acknowledge it as a possibility that they could quite possibly die doing these missions.

                                              Levi shrugged, Kit new he didn't think it was an easy task to complete. This was life or death because after all, at the end of the day, haunting memories will have awakened them.

                                             "We better get back to the academy and get our gear then." Kit said, beginning to walk back to the academy. Levi stood there still, staring blankly at the open cave. It was burred with oak leaves and dirt, but a little opening stuck out with a black background at the back.

                                                   "Come on Levi, please," She took one last look at the cave. "Never think about the possibilities." And she walked away, pulling him along towards the academy once more.

                                                                   * * * * * * 

                                As they reached the academy's entrance, where the familiar cold metal door stuck out against fog. Very gently Kit came and tapped on the door, kit expected the same man to have opened the peephole. She expected that same man she had seen many time before, except this time, the eyes showing weren't blue, they were purple.

                                   Her eyes opened wide, for she knew who those purple eyes belonged to, they were Syria's. Only Syria's eyes had sharp effect towards them. Her eyes found Kit's, showing off a very disappointed look. 

                                 "Kit! Levi!" She almost shouted at them, "Get inside right now and if I have to chain you in here, I will." She opened the door, her arms folded in an angry way. Kit and Levi just stood there in the fog; Kit would rather freeze than come in.

                                    After a few minutes though, it became unbearable Kit in her blouse, so she stepped in, cursing beneath her breath as she did so. Levi also stepped in, having no choice because Syria hauled him in after Kit.

                                   "Kit! You promised me not to get into danger!" The look on Syria's face showed pure white concern and anger that Kit shied back, almost bumping into Levi as she did.