Chapter Eleven

This chapter is dedicated to Ditzy_Dreamer because she has been an amazing support to my book! Enjoy this upload :)

ELEVEN

                           Kit stood in the doorway of her own dorm as Sally woke the other girls up from sleep. It was strange though, because as the other two girls came out to smile at Kit, she began to realize that they weren’t the original girls who used to be in her dorm. What had happened to the other two?

                              “Hi.” Kit smiled, coming to stand in the centre of the room.

                           “Oh! I’m so sorry Kit, this is Katherine and Stacey.” She pointed to the two strangers. Katherine had curly dark brown hair and sparkly blue eyes, her skin was tamed and she was very pretty. The other girl, Stacy, she had seen before and had been known to stay away from her.

                          Stacy was the type of girl who was so pretty and popular that she only ever had time for the ‘known’ people in the school. Stacey had almost white hair and ice-blue eyes.

                             “Hi.” Stacey said, biting her lip and returning her eyes to the floor. There was a tension in the room all of a sudden and Kit felt that since no one else was working to break it, she thought that she should at least.

                           “What happened to the other two girls?” Kit had directed her attention towards Sally.

                            Sally breathed low sigh. “They had to be sent to another room where their…screams in the night wouldn’t cause that much attention.” Sally shrugged and leaned against the door.

                             “Oh! Really, where they waking up from nightmares?” She hadn’t tried to sounds stupid with the question, knowing it was what Sally had just said; she just didn’t believe the girl.

                              Sally nodded. “Yeah, they screamed so loudly, no one knew why though, the teachers took them in and tried to understand what the nightmares were of, but they said that they weren’t able to stay.

                                 Kit moved uncomfortably, being silent for the moment.

                              Sally’s eyes widened. “You know why! Don’t you?” She gaped at Kit’s expression, shaking her head.

                              “Yes I do, the beast got to them, and there simply isn’t any other way. But I’m trying to figure out why it would have gone for them and how it got into the room.” Kit pushed her fingers through her hair.

                           “Oh my god! That’s impossible.” Cried Katherine, who had been pretty quiet throughout the entire cover station. Her skin had gone paler, erasing her gorgeous olive colour it was originally.

                                “I’m afraid that nothing is. I have come to you three because I need your help.” Kit said, waiting until she had everyone’s full attention. When they were all looking at her curiously, she began jumping into the idea she had about saving Debra from the beast. She spoke about the high dangers, mentioning the armour they would be wearing and also the very good weapons.

                            She went into pretty full detail about the beast, describing why it was taking so many people and her suspicions about why it is using them for and when.