♡☾ - carnival nights.

[EDITED]
A/N: This one's a "modern" AU :)

Octavius and Jedediah stood together, gazing at the magnificent colors of the carnival that surrounded them. The vibrant lights danced and flickered, casting a magical glow on the night sky.

Octavius turned to his friend, excitement in his eyes.
"So, where should we go next?" he asked eagerly.

Jedediah, captivated by the carnival before them, seemed lost in its beauty. He tore his gaze away reluctantly to respond.

"I dunno..." Jedediah replied, not fully paying attention to Octavius' question.

Jedediah had heard of carnivals before, of course he had, but he had never been so close to one.

He knew how awesome they appeared to be, but he had never really taken the time to visit one.
Perhaps the reason for that could be that he lacked someone to share the experience with.
But, well, meeting Octavius changed everything.

As the topic was brought up, Octavius was surprised to discover that Jedediah never knew how it's like to be there, so he insisted that they visit one together.

Jedediah was hesitant at first, but he couldn't resist the spark in Octavius' eyes, so he agreed to 'try just one time'.

Finally, the day had arrived, and as they explored the carnival, Jedediah began to reconsider it just being one time.

They had tried some enjoyable rides, nothing too intense, just the ones that brought smiles to their faces.
But, Octavius kept insisting that they should try a specific ride—one that even he had avoided.

"Come on, Jed, you'll love this one!" Octavius assured, pointing and pulling his friend towards the tall roller coaster.

Jedediah looked up at the intimidating structure, and his smile slowly faded.
He didn't like the height and the screams of the people, at all.

"Are you scared?" Octavius teased.

Jedediah glared at Octavius, playfully pretending to take offense.
"Scared? Octavius, what did they put in your coffee today? You don't seem very well, my friend."

Octavius burst into laughter. "My bad!"

The pair purchased their tickets and sat in the front car of the roller coaster.

As they waited for all the people to board, Jedediah impatiently tapped on the restraining bar.
"When will this start already?" Jedediah complained with a sigh. "It's taking too long."

Trying to maintain a neutral face, Jedediah tried to mask his nervousness about the height of the ride.
But as he moved the steel bar, the slight movement terrified him, and he couldn't hold his serious face any longer.
"Octavius! Why-the-hell-is-this-metal-thing-moving?!"

Before Octavius could assure his friend that the bar's movement was normal, the ride began, and they were pulled back in their seats.

Jedediah's mouth let out a mixture of a scream and a screech that Octavius had never heard before.
Octavius couldn't contain his laughter, and he let out a "woohoo!" between laughs.

It wasn't all that fun for Jedediah though.
He gripped the bar tightly, holding on for dear life, while the screams and excitement of the other riders filled the air.

Turning to his friend, Octavius noticed that Jedediah had shut his eyes tightly as he tried to hide from the sight.
The look on his friend's face only brought more laughter from Octavius.

"Octavius, I'm going to kill you!" Jedediah yelled at him.

"Jedediah, the movement is totally normal, there's no need to worry about!"