❣︎ - a safe place.

A/N: This was requested by @ItalyDudex !
Thank you so much for requesting, I hope it meets your expectations :,)

Jed's POV in this one.

"Have you seen Octavius anywhere?" I asked Leo, a friend of Octavius'.

The Roman Diorama looked busy—people were working and keeping themselves occupied.
It was loud, people chatted with each other and the city was being worked on.

Leo seemed like he had work to do, too—but finding Octavius was more important to me right now than making sure I don't distract someone with their work.
It could wait.

"No?" he said, which sounded more like a question to me, rather than an answer.
"I thought he was with you actually."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as I thought for a moment.

With me?

So, if Octavius is not here, and not in the Western Diorama—where could he be then?

As I climbed down to the floor of the museum, I thought of where I could start my search.

Maybe Octavius has gone out for a walk, maybe he's with Larry, or maybe—he got lost.

I couldn't hold back a giggle as I pictured a lost Octavius who stood in the middle of the museum and looked around frantically.

I pushed away the funny thought and reminded myself that he could also be in need of help.

The sooner I find him, the better.
I wouldn't want to have to run back before the sun rises, and I sure wouldn't want Octavius to be left alone in the museum somewhere for the entire day.

I should concentrate on searching for my best friend.

However, to my surprise, it wasn't needed.

It didn't take a long walk when I finally spotted him.
He sat on the floor, leaned against a wall on the right side of the path.

My face lit up as I made my way straight to him.
A smile spread on my lips as I was happy to have finally found my closest friend.

Thoughts of things we could do together entered my mind—a range of activities.
Drive around with the car, fly around with the plane, mess with Larry, play hide and seek, take a walk outside ... The ideas were endless!

However, my smile didn't last for long when I spotted in which condition Octavius was.

The first thing I saw was the blood slightly above his knee.
He had some on his elbow as well!
Although he wore armor, it didn't seem to have protected him well enough.
His face didn't show anything postive either.
His expression was empty and a frown fell upon his lips.

"Octavius," I began with a strong tone of worry in my voice as I approached him, "what happened?"

Octavius' head turned to me, but he kept the same saddened expression on his face.

Usually when Octavius and I caught eye contact, he always smiled.
That friendly smile of his that he always wore.
A smile which always gave me a feeling of comfort.

However, that surely wasn't the case now.

"It's alright, I'm fine," he said.