Chapter 1

Natasha's POV:

It had been a while since the girls had a night out, so Wanda, Carol, Pepper and me went out to the bar.

Wanda: Oh well this is... nice.

Pepper: Well it's close to us so...

Carol: So girls how are we all?

All: Good.

Me: Hey guys... why is it that there are no nice guys in New York?

Wanda: Maybe there are, you're just not looking in the right place.

Pepper: Well I found Tony!

I chuckled and so did Wanda.

Pepper: What... oh come on, he's nice.

Wanda: I don't doubt that but isn't he a bit...

Me: Old.

Wanda: NAT!

Me: What?!

Pepper: We're the same age!

Carol: Wait, really?

Pepper: Yes.

I scanned my eyes around the bar and they focused on a drunk man joking around with his friends. He turned around and looked at us as I looked away.

Me: Guys, there's someone coming over.

The man came up to us and smirked at me.

Man: Heyyy beautiful.

Me: Ummm, no thank you.

Man: You sure, okay then. Any of you?

Pepper: No.

Carol: No thanks.

Wanda: Eww, no.

Man: You sure?

Me: Absolutely, in fact we're going to leave now.

Man: Okay

It was a relief to get out of that bar, it stank of sweat and alcohol mixed in with bad breath.

Wanda: Nat he's following us.

I really didn't want us to have to use our powers tonight because it would make people suspicious and this area is full of bad people who could use that information in the wrong way. But this man was starting to really bug me.

Man: Hey, you sure you don't want to?

Me: Yeah. Positive.

*He pulls out a gun*

Man: What about now?

Pepper: Oh my god...

Wanda: Hey, put the gun down or one of us is going to get seriously hurt and we don't want that, do we?

Man: Yeah you're right...you!

???: HEY!

The man scans his eyes round to find the source of the noise. I did as well but couldn't see anyone.

???: I'M UP HERE DOUCHEBAG!

Another man then jumped down what seemed like a storage unit and punched the other guy in the face, knocking him to the ground. He kicked him in the chest and grabbed the gun out of his hand throwing onto the floor and smashing it
into millions of little shards. He then walked right next to the man and chuckled.

???: That's what you get for being rude to women, now apologise...

The man spoke with a soft English accent and it was quite soothing after what had just happened.

???: I said APOLOGISE!

Man: I'm...s-s-sorry.

???: That's what I thought...wimp.

After the English man made the douche apologise he bent down and whispered something in his ear and then knocked him out cold.

The man was wearing a black trench coat with a metal mask covering half of his face. There was a hood on the coat which made it so you could only see his eyes. He came over to us and he waved.

???: Hello ladies.

Wanda: Oh please don't hit on us as well.

???: Oh no I'm not that cruel, I don't know you yet. I was just saying hello, it's polite.

Me: Thanks for saving our asses back there.

???: Oh no problem Miss. I'll let you guys walk home but I'll stay here with this little skank in case he tries anything. Which I don't think he will for a long time.

I was intrigued to know who this man was because he seemed nice and so as the others walked back to the Avengers Tower I stayed back to talk to him.

Me: Excuse me Sir.

???: Yes, oh it's you.

Me: Who are you?

???: Well I am what they call The Black Wrangler.

Me: What's your actual name?

???: Well that depends if you can make it to The Plaza at 7pm tomorrow.

Me: Umm, did you just ask me on a date?

???: What no, I have a fight there tomorrow. You can come and I'll talk to you there, not here.

Me: Okay see you Black Wrangler...

I started to walk back to the Avengers Tower and smiled back at him.