Chapter 3 His Strange Behavior

"Here, the presentation with the raw goods deal with Skincare Gentle Limited," Lucas said as he inserted the pendrive into the laptop, and I stared at the screen, making a mental map of stocks and sales.

"Excellent, Lucas. I must say you are very intelligent. Just do one thing: change that previous date into the most recent one. "I just saw yesterday that new data from the stock market was released," I nodded while taking notes from the presentation. "Hehe, the first compliment from you means a lot to me," he said charmingly.

I looked at him. He is about the same age as me and has brown hair with misty eyes. He even has a handsome face.

Well, "he kept his hand over mine, and I jumped back." Relax, "

he laughed, and I sighed."I was just wondering," he scratched his neck, "will you come with me for coffee?"

There's a café near the office. "

"Um, sure, but not today." Maybe I nodded, looking around. It's the first time I'll ever go on a coffee date with a guy.

Like I said, I didn't do much socialising while studying in San Francisco.

I sighed and looked around. Lucas was not here. I looked out from the large glass window in my office. He was working on his laptop sitting on his desk, but he looked up when he heard a knock on his door and went away.

Perhaps, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realise when he went away from my office. Did

I start to get attracted to him? I mean, yes I'm a girl, and it's obvious for me at this age to get attracted to men. Stupid hormonal changes. Stop it, Brielle. He's your assistant. Keep it professional. He just asked for coffee. Stop these silly thoughts about him.

I quickly got my body posture straight while gulping down the whole glass of water. I closed my eyes when the cold water calmed my messed up mind. It helps me a lot.

I was startled by a knock on my door.

Luke, peeking and giggling, said, "I just thought I'd bring these for you." I have plenty in my apartment, so I will bring some for you too. Here, "Here," he handed me a plastic lunch box.

I quickly took it and opened it.

My skin tingled, my eyes sparkled with a grin spread across my lips. I quickly took out the beautiful lavender-colored card from the envelope. My fingertips brushed the envelope sides, feeling it. I could even inhale a mid-lavender fragrance, which will immediately please your senses. It's the true definition of perfection.

I quickly ran my eyes over it. I love to read it.

My hands paused when I read the name. From Richarson Empires, an invite for their charity ball,

"Wow, indeed, it's so beautiful," Lucas eyed the invitation card.

"Yeah," I said as I continued reading.

It's a family invite for me, which means an invite for my maternal grandfather with my uncle, aunt, and Isaac and his sisters, too. Invitation to a charity ball with family!!

**********

I sighed and sat on my bed while staring at the light pink coloured dress that I had. Yeah, I know I've never suffered from a very serious financial crisis, but when I was back there in San Francisco, studying, I always received a certain amount of money from my parents' bank account. I mean, I mean my fees, my hostel residence bill, and food expenses.

After losing my parents, I lost interest in everything. You know, I was not interested in exploring beautiful mountains, waterfalls, or even celebrating any festivals.

I've never paid any attention to shopping either. I always used to go to the clothing market and buy just the casuals that I needed to wear to my college on a lumsum. In other words, I shopped for the whole year at once and never went shopping again.

I was never interested in fashion at all. It's like not my thing, but today I wish I had bought a good looking dress at least to wear to events like this. I don't even have a single gown to wear.

I hate shopping. Why just why? ughh

I was startled by the ringing of my phone. I looked aside to see who was calling me.

It's Lucas

Why is he calling me?

I quickly received his phone.

I heard his voice, "Hey,"

"Lucas, is everything okay?" I inquired. "Yes, yes, everything is fine, don't worry," he chuckled, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"So," I asked, smiling inwardly, "I just don't know, but I like talking to him." I mean, it's been a long time since I talked genuinely like a friend with someone, like after losing my parents, I lost my interest in meeting new people, celebrating festivals, etc. "

I mostly spend time with myself, but now I think I'm finally open to new people."

Actually, I was wondering if I was going to PartyZilla Night Pub. Would you like to join me? " He asked.

"Sure, I'm in," I said with a chuckle.

I quickly wore the dark pink short dress that stopped at my mid-thighs, with light link heels, if you have spaghetti straps.

I brought this dress when there was a freshers' party in our college, and I'm glad I brought this.

I stopped my car and looked around.

There's a long line of people standing waiting for their turn to enter the party pub.

Looking more around, I noticed two bouncers looking like they just came from WWE, checking those people before allowing them into the club.

I pouted. There is no way I'm going to be waiting in this line to wait for my chance.

I was about to get back into my car to get back home when someone grabbed my hand. I looked up

It's like he was in a maroon leather jacket with black jeans, looking good as always.

"I was finding you, and here you are," he chided.

"Do we have to wait, like, there?" I raised my eyebrows. "No, you can buy VIP vouchers," he scratched his neck and looked around. "Yeah, you're right, but how can I get that?" I asked.

I could see many other people around it, taking their VIP vouchers.

"You're a millionaire, by the way. I guess you won't have any problems," he smirked at me.

What do you guys think about lucas isn't he's behaving weirdly

Thank you so much, for reading this book please vote comment, and share.