Chapter 5 Feelings

"First and foremost, I'm not an ugly duck," I said calmly, yet dangerously, making her gulp. "And the second thing is, I'm minding my own business, so you better judge me, and you better not show your face to me again,"

I snarled at her and turned around to walk away, holding my head high.

Who the hell these people are. They think they can insult me like I'm trash and I will do nothing. Then they're wrong, very very wrong. 

No one can insult me without my permission.

I can feel his eyes on me the entire time, giving goosebumps to my skin. That man whose voice makes my heart beats so fast.

**********

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Calm down, Bri, calm." 

I tried to calm myself.

"So, like this, you will do it, so your body and tense muscles get more relaxed." That physical trainer said, and I looked at the screen of my laptop and did as he instructed in the video. 

Finally, after my morning exercise, I took my energy drink bottle and set it aside, and made my way to my bedroom. 

Suddenly, my phone rang, making me startle.

"Ivaan," I acknowledged.

"Bri, I talked to Zach. He will join by today." 

"Thank you so much, bro," I sighed. "Don't thank me silly, that bastard luke, how desperately I want to kill him," he gritted, and I shook my head. "You won't do any such thing, bro, it's okay, whatever happened, happened for good."

I whispered but still bit my lips when I remembered last night's incident in the club. 

"Why did you agree to go to the party pub with him in the first place?" he growled. "Stop being the overly possessive big brother, okay," I chuckled, and he also laughed. "Fine, but promise me from now on you will be cautious around new people. We don't know what is even running through their minds," he said, and I nodded and hung up the phone.

my mind drifted to that deep husky voice which I heard yesterday in the club. Whoever that man was, he seemed to be capturing every inch of my mind. 

I couldn't be able to think anything straight after that. Who was he? I wish I had seen his face, so my curious heart would have been a little bit calmer. 

I shook my head, and again my phone rang. 

"Hi, babe," Ruhi chirped, and I couldn't hold my smile back. 

Yes, I know, sometimes I and her fought and our arguments got far, but still, we are sisters. 

"How're you, big sis?" I chuckled. 

"We're going shopping," she chirped, and I growled. 

"I know you hate it, but sis, come on, we're going to attend the charity event of Richardson Empires, one of the most renowned multinational companies," she sighed. 

"I know, even I thought that, so I'm in because I seriously don't have anything to wear for that party," I murmured while taking a file kept on my table about the latest marketing reports of our products.

**********

I sighed and took a sip of my coffee while Ruhi's eyes were wide in shock. 

I told her everything, about that Lucas, and then that man whose voice was still tempting me. 

"Gosh, Bri, you're in love," she whispered slowly and I choked my coffee. 

"Are you crazy, what the heck," I shook my head while cleaning the spilled coffee from my dress? 

After shopping, we went to a restaurant to eat something as we are both very hungry. 

"Come on, I saw it in movies how a girl falls in love at first sight with a guy. You're the same," she giggled and I growled. 

Again, that lovesick shit and all, 

"You know what, we're directly going to a psychiatrist. You need to see a doctor." I huff while taking the shopping bag. 

"Come on, imagine how beautiful that moment was. You know your prince charming is standing in front of you, and suddenly time will stop, everything will become still, and it's just him and you," I shook my head and drove on. I seriously think Ruhi is insane. I mean, that guy has been taking away my peace since the day I heard his voice.

So, how is the chapter my beautiful readers, how did you enjoy the book, next chapter gonna be Zuriel POV excited.