십삼 | she will kill me

[this part contains heavy topics, read at your own risk.]

the two girl woke up to a loud bang. saebyeok opened her eyes, and was afraid to move. what if someone broke in? but then she heard a yell.

"i'm home!"

"who is that?" yuko asked with a sleepy voice.

shit.

"shit shit shit." said saebyeok and stood up. yuko was so confused but didn't say a word.

"it's my mom, yuko, it's her, she can't see you here." said the black haired girl.

"but why?"

"because she hates me, she hates how i am and if she finds out i'm with you, she's going to kill me."

"no she won't, why would she be that mad?"

"yuko, you don't understand. i hate her. remember those marks on my arm? that was her."

"but-"

"you need to leave." said saebyeok, and looked at yuko in the eyes. yuko was kind of scared, she didn't know what will happen if she leaves the girl here.

"i'm staying with you."

"NO! yuko, you need to leave, please leave, i can't lose another important person." said the girl, tears in her eyes.

yuko got up, and wanted to change out of pj's into her clothes, she put her phone in her pocket and was ready to leave.

but it was late.

the bedroom's door opened and saebyeok's mom looked furious when she saw the blonde haired girl.

"who the hell is she?" she asked.

"um, no one mom, she's just a friend of mine."
said saebyeok with a trembling voice.

"yeah right. and why did she sleep here?" her mom asked stepping closer to the girl.

yuko just stood there, she couldn't move, she couldn't decide if she should say something or not. if the girl's words were true about her mom, she should stay silent. but wouldn't it help if she said something?

"why not? mom, i'm not a ten year old anymore."

the older woman grabbed onto saebyeok's arm and pulled her closer. they were inches apart, and saebyeok closed her eyes.

"don't you dare talk to me like that. who do you think you are? you little piece of shit!"

her mom yelled, then slapped saebyeok on the face. yuko was so scared, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"yuko, go! leave now!" the black haired girl said.

yuko wasn't faster in her life. she ran down the stairs after leaving the two. she could feel tears in her eyes. but she told herself she shouldn't cry. she tried to calm herself down, but to no avail. she was running towards the bus stop. and when she got on the blue vehicle, the tears started streaming down her face.

why was her mom like that? why would she hit her and yell at her? this is so messed up. and who was saebyeok talking about when she said that she didn't want to lose another important person? these were all answers only saebyeok could answer.

the readers must be scared now, and i am too. but the most scared was yuko. she didn't want her favorite person to be hurt. she arrived home, and ran up to her room, not saying hi to her sister.

she closed the door and sat on her bed. she decided to call saebyeok. maybe her mom was angry at the moment, and she wouldn't hold a grudge.

but no one answered the phone. she called her fifteen times, but nothing. no sign of life. she was getting impatient, and she threw her phone across the room. she pulled her knees up to her chest and cried. it felt like she cried for hours, and when she looked up, the sun was going down.