04

✩。:*•

✩。:*•.───── 🎀 ─────.•*:。✩

THE LIVELY ENERGY OF the match lingered in the air as the teams left the court, ushering in a sense of camaraderie despite the intense competition. My brother, Iwazumi, Osamu, Atsumu, Kita and I found ourselves drawn together by a mutual respect for the sport and a shared love for the game they had just played.

The sushi restaurant was a cozy establishment with a traditional ambiance, setting the stage for a relaxed evening. The clinking of chopsticks and the laughter of the group echoed through the space as they settled around a large table.

As they perused the menu, discussions about the match casually. Iwaizumi praised the Miya twins for their impressive coordination, acknowledging the challenges they posed to Aoba Johsai's defense. Osamu and Atsumu, in turn, expressed their admiration for Aoba Johsai's resilience and skill. Kita, ever the wise and composed captain, interjected with insightful observations about both teams' strategies.

" Ne Oikawa-chan" Kita gestured towards me.

"Oh, please call me Akira...Kita senpai!" I smiled to which he nodded in agreement.

"Akira-san are you perhaps a model, Atsumu here was too shy to ask you" he wondered. I looked at Atsumu who had slightly pink cheeks, I chuckled at his cute behavior.

"Yes, I am a model Atsumu-san" I looked at him with a smile. "I TOLD YOU SAMU, SHE IS INDEED THE OIKAWA AKIRA" he excitedly spoke to his brother. My brother quickly glared at him to which Atsumu got intimidated at.

As the evening progressed, the conversation shifted from volleyball to more casual topics. Oikawa, with his charismatic charm, managed to weave humor into every anecdote, keeping the atmosphere light and lively. Iwa-kun, the stoic but dependable friend, exchanged knowing glances with my brother.

I found myself enjoying the banter and camaraderie, feeling grateful for the opportunity to share a meal with such skilled and passionate athletes.

The Miya twins added their own dynamic flair to the conversation, effortlessly balancing playful banter with genuine appreciation for their opponents.

The sushi arrived in a delightful array, each piece tasting amazing. The group relished the exquisite flavors, creating a tapestry of shared experiences that extended beyond the volleyball court.

As the night unfolded, the laughter continued, and the bond among us strengthened and we bid farewell to the restaurant.

Outside the restaurant, the boys exchanged words of gratitude and encouragement. Osamu, Atsumu, and Kita parted ways.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

In the midst of organizing the teams water bottles, towels, and other items – the gymnasium buzzed with anticipation. Kyōtani, unexpectedly, helped me out with the organization, initiating a small chat between us.

Suddenly, a realization struck me like a lightning bolt – Inarizaki lacked a manager or someone to help them out. An idea appeared, my mind telling me to help them, 'Why not fill their bottles?' I nodded to myself, emboldened by this, I walked towards the Inarizaki players.

"Excuse me," I greeted with a confident smile and a bow, catching Kita's attention. "Would you like me to fill your bottles?" I gestured towards the water bottles, met with unanimous agreement. But then Kita, with a glint of mischief in his eyes, turned to Osamu."Why not help her out, Osamu?" he suggested, smirking with an air of playful mischief.

"Sure, I don't mind," Osamu responded with his trademark nonchalant expression.

Together, we picked up the bottles, leaving the gymnasium quickly to fulfill the task. Beyond the echoing sounds of water filling bottles, I sensed a subtle tension from Osamu. As if he harbored a secret itching to escape.

Unable to resist any longer, he blurted out, "We should hang out sometime."Caught off guard, I chuckled at his unexpected candor. "Sure, if that's what you'd like," I responded, appreciating the genuine spontaneity.

Minutes later, we returned to the gym, only to find my brother – with his protective brother mode marching our way.

"Where were you?" he grumbled, eyes rolling in frustration.

"I was helping fill Inarizaki's bottles," I calmly explained, earning a dismissive.

"Oh...you should've told me" He replied eyeing Osamu. Sibling dynamics, always delightful.

The atmosphere shifted as the coaches gathered both teams. Today, instead of the anticipated matches, the coaches unveiled a plan for joint training sessions. A blend of surprise and curiosity painted the players' faces as they absorbed this unexpected turn of events.

After practice, the echoes of sneakers against the gym floor could be heard from afar, Osamu's voice cut through the noise, calling my name. I turned, and there he was, jogging towards me with an intriguing proposition.

"Akira-san, I was wondering if you'd like to grab some onigiris with me?" he asked, a casual yet charming invitation that piqued my interest.

"I'd love to," I replied.

✩ ᵕ̈ ིྀ ! 04 •˙ ⌗ ⊱