Foreword

Hello from future Ben!

You're about to read the book I wrote and self-published when I was 14. It was available on Apple books and Amazon for years and guess how many people bought it? Three. Including my mom and dad. 

Now, you may be wondering what the hell I had to write about back then. This book essentially tries to be a satirical guide on how to become a YouTube star (something that I was obsessed with becoming at 14). It starts off with my YouTube journey from ages 10-14 and then things get a little weird. 

The format randomly shifts to a fictional story about an intern at YouTube who suffers a brain injury and starts having hallucinations that eventually land him the hospital. Facing millions in hospital bills, he turns to making a YouTube channel to cover the bills, but as his channel skyrockets, things turn awful.

This book came from a VERY bitter place in my mind and you will see that in a bit. Fourteen year old me wanted to be a YouTuber more than anything so it has been surreal to look back at this book written when I believed my life today was impossible.

It's just under one hundred pages so buckle up! If you would like to hear the audio version of me reading it and interjecting with comments, the first half will be uploaded to YouTube and all podcast platforms on January 5, and the second half on January 12.

I'd say enjoy but, idk if that's gonna happen.