Chapter 1086 - Chapter 1095

Chapter 1086 – Occupying Land

Just as the huge change happened with the middle army, Guo Ziyi with the east army was also facing similar problems. Maybe there was an explanation for the Great Shun army in the middle army showing less of an effort.

It was like both Great Shun armies had planned it beforehand, leaving the camp at the same time and disappearing into the wilderness. One could foresee that this sudden storm would wrap up Shaanxi and even the entire north.

Within a night, the 120 thousand Great Xi army was busy claiming land in Shaanxi, totally not caring about the north conquest. The 60 thousand Great Shun army similarly showed little foresight and was following behind the dust of the Great Xi army.

The Southern Alliance Army was about to collapse.

Being influenced by this, the 120 thousand South Ming troops were showing signs of being unstable. If it were not for Li Jing seeing this coming and restructuring the soldiers of the Jiangbei four generals, replacing people with his trusted soldiers, the outcome would be catastrophic.

The bait that Dorgon threw out successfully messed up the Southern Alliance Army.

The stirring northern conquest was not even halfway completed and layers of thick dark clouds already hung over it.

……

Capital City, Yanjing.

Dorgon looked at the intel, and the corner of his smile revealed a slight smile.

When Ajige standing at the side saw this, he smiled, “Should it be time for us to act and lead the troops to retreat back to the Capital City?” Ajige felt really wronged, and he was eager to fight back.

“No!”

Dorgon kept his smile, and his expression instantly became solemn, “Now is not the time. After Great Xi and Great Shun engage and Li Jing is unable to clean up the mess, that would be when we act.”

The Qing army had a good analysis of choosing when to strike.

Too early, and it was easy to reveal their intentions and cause the Southern Alliance Army to gather together once more; too late, and the pressure from the Manchu nobles would increase. If it exploded, the results would be unimaginable.

The grasp of time tested the standard of the commander.

Dorgon was really clear-headed, “Send my orders for various troops not to act. Without my orders, no soldiers can be sent. If not, do not blame me for flipping and for being heartless.”

“Yes!”

Ajige was not afraid of the heavens or of hell; he only respected Dorgon.

“To succeed, one must be patient and bear the pressure.” Dorgon looked at the skies above the south sky, and his gaze looked unhurried. His understanding of Confucian classic words was really worthy of praise.

Within Jianye City, there was one person who felt really complicated in his heart, and he could not sleep at night. This person was not the Prince Regent Ouyang Shuo but the South Ming master by name – Hongguang emperor.