Chapter 1 - 'The New Village'

Disclaimer I do not speak Spanish so I'm just google translating everything throughout the story. If I make a mistake please let me know so I can correct it! Enjoy <3

"Y/N! Bring your luggage down! We're leaving soon!" your mother shouts up to you. "Coming mama!" You look around your room at all of the things you had to leave behind. You had to pack light as it was a long journey to find the Madrigals. You throw your bag over your shoulder and head downstairs. You see your brother Sebastián coming out of his room with his girlfriend. It was obvious that they had been crying. Guilt filled you as you watched them say goodbye. You run down the stairs quickly, trying to brush off the dreadful feeling that was building up inside of you. You go out the front door and see you parents saying goodbye to your grandparents. Your abuela barely said anything to you as you said goodbye. All she did was look at you in disgust. 

After everyone said their goodbyes, you hop into the carriage, sitting in between Sebastián and Carlos. Carlos gives you a weak smile while Sebastián ignores you. You sink in your seat as it takes off. You try to avoid looking outside, already knowing what's out there but you can't help but glance. The whole village standing at their doors, staring in either disgust, pity or somewhere in between at your family. Some families even looked relieved or happy to see you leave. 

Carlos gives you a small nudge, grabbing your attention. "Ignore them, they're all pendejos anyways." "Carlos, language." your father says. Carlos rolls his eyes before turning his attention back to you. "This is for the best y/n. We need to find the Madrigals and once we do, they'll answer all of our questions I promise." You and Carlos are very close. He was the softer, shyer one of the twins. Sebastián was always the one to bully and pick on you where as Carlos would always help you if you fell, or praise you for using your gift. He always stood up for you whenever anyone in the village or Sebastián said anything negative about you. You give him a small smile. "Thank you Carlos, I hope you're right."

You look over to Sebastián who is still ignoring you. "He'll get over it in no time, trust me." Carlos whispered in your ear. You look down at you lap which currently has your family cat Estrella. She was fast asleep. You stroke her as you think about the "Magical Madrigals" before drifting off to sleep yourself. 

You're woken up abruptly from the carriage rolling over a stone on the road. After a few minutes the cart stops. "Alright mis hijos, we have gone as far as the carriage can take us. Get out and, Y/N can you please bring the donkey and cart back to the village." "Si mama." You wait for your everyone else to get out of the carriage before holding onto it and the donkey, imagining the pick up spot in your head. Purple smoke appears around you before you see that you are just outside your old town (a side affect of your power). You see the village farmer waiting on a fence before jumping down as he sees you. 

"Thank you for bringing him back Y/N" he says taking the lead from you. "Of course senor." you reply. He starts to walk away before turning around. "Y/N?" he calls. "Si senor? Is there something wrong with the cart?" He shakes his head. "No, no, no nothing like that. I just wanted to say sorry. I'm sorry that the village treated you so badly." You look at the man, tears pressing the backs of your eyes. "Gracias senor, have a good day." He nods his head and turns around while you teleport back to your family.

"Ah you're back!" Your father says. You pick up your bag and Estrella from where you left them. "Ok sooooo, where do we go now?" Sebastián says. "We need Y/N to teleport up over the mountain and back down the other side so that we can get to the village." your father says, looking at you. You sigh and put your bag and cat down again. "I don't know how long this will take me." you mention as you walk towards the base of the mountain. "Take your time querida!" your mother shouts after you. Once at the bottom of the mountain, you search for somewhere to teleport to. There's a small opening near enough to the top. You quickly teleport there. "Piece of cake." you mutter to yourself in hopes of lifting your spirit. 

You climb to the very top of the mountain and look out over the new village that awaits you. A large, colorful house catches your eye. You wonder who lives their. "Probably the mayor or someone in charge."  your think to yourself. You spot a flat area of grass beside the road leading through the village and teleport back to your family. "OK everyone hold hands, make sure not to leave anything behind." you order while picking up your bag again. You place Estrella inside if your back before slinging it over your shoulder. You take your mothers hand in one, and Carlos' in the other before picturing the grass patch in your head. 

Purple smoke flashes around you all before everyone opens their eyes to see that they are within the mountain walls. Your mother says a quick thank you to you and Carlos gives you a fist bump before you start heading into the town. "Ok, your mother and I are going to go and find the Madrigals. You three stay here, Sebastián is in charge. Adios." your father announces before leaving you and the twins in your spot. You see Sebastián looking extremely pleased with himself and roll your eyes. You wait till your parents are out of eye sight before getting up. "Y/N where are you going?" Carlos asks. "To explore" you reply. Sebastián stands up as well. "I'm going to go find something to eat. Adios idiotas." You watch him walk off before looking at Carlos. Carlos looks at you, to Sebastián, then back at you. "I'll stay here in case mama or papa come back, be safe ok? And don't-" "use my power, I know." you say finishing his sentence. "I'll be back before you know it, don't worry!" you spin around and head off into the village 

~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry that Camilo wasn't in this bit guys! I wanted to build up some story before introducing Y/N to him! New chapters coming out soon! Love u all <3