003

─

"thanks for the ride top" i smile, jumping out of the car. i turn to the open passenger's door to grab my things and i notice him still intensely staring at me.

"earth to thornton-"

"sorry" he chuckles, "zoned out, anytime though! say hi to your dad for me and make sure to mention i got you there and back well and alive"

i laughed off the weird pause and nodded as i closed the door.

he started to pull away, "i'll see you guys soon"

"yeah definitely see you soon right"

he continued to pull out of the driveway as i walked through the front door, other than the weird experience i just had with topper, i was feeling pretty good considering i should be hungover.

"ah so you are alive" my dad teases from the kitchen, i walk over and lean on the counter.

i smile, "very much so, it was really fun, the new boat's great"

"good good... so where's that fish at for dinner tonight hmm?" he says with a raised eyebrow.

"shit.. sorry we didn't exactly do any fishing-"

"ah don't even worry, at least you're here for tonight" he smiles, i nod and make my way upstairs for a much needed shower.

the salt, sweat and probably alcohol in my hair felt like a rat's nest that's begging to be tamed but god did i need some type of nap.

(massive time jump i'm lazy, its like evening now)

around 30 minutes of mostly not washing my hair in the shower finally made me feel fresh once again. sitting on my bed in nothing but a towel, i daydreamed about the previous events.

how weird rafe and topper had started to act, seemingly fighting over me, wanting to impress me (although they never fell short of that before) and the strange drop off by topper with rafe looking all jealous next to kelce.

my slow partially hungover brain finally kicked into gear, "no fucking way" i whispered. my eyes darted over to this photo i have in a frame of the four of us standing proud next to a dumb stick fort we build summers ago because we didn't have any other shelter from the sun.

we looked like a family then, now... i was like the last lamb chop being pulled left and right by ravenous dogs. all this day dreaming caused a pang in my head, i lay back with my palms covering my eyes.

i'd always known all three of them at any point would have a thing for me but what i didn't need is for them to act on it, especially because i had realised that i was developing feelings for the both of them and this certainly didn't give me the same 'ignore it and it'll go away' advice i'd given myself a week prior.