004

─

i woke up with rafe snoring on the couch, curled up in my blanket. he looked peaceful with the warm sun gently falling over his face as the sun rose. he mumbled a few times turning over only to have the light in his eyes again.

i managed to look away before he sat up and looked at me.

"mmh morning miller" he yawned with his arms stretched, allowing me to get a quick glimpse of the body he hit underneath. i can't lie, i wish he was shirtless more often because my god.

"you look like you slept well" i giggled, referring to his hair that was falling messily over his face.

"yeah, like the dead" he mumbled groggily, "hey uh where'd your friend alex go, woulda thought i'd wake up to an awkward scene of you two in bed or something"

i scrunched my nose up and launched a pillow at him, "ew rafe of course you'd wanna see that"

he chuckled lightly, "shut up you know what i mean"

i shook my head while rising from my bed and walked down the hallway to check if kelce and topper had killed each other at all.

topper's head whipped around to me opening the door. "how was your night with rafe" he said sourly, arms crossed.

kelce was sitting on the other side of the room with an amused smile he made a poor attempt to cover.

i rolled my eyes, "don't say it like that, ew. he fell asleep when i came to ask about alex last night before we all went to bed"

topper's shoulders eased a little and the scowl was replaced with his lips pursed into a subtle pleased smile.

"yo astra are we getting breakfast or what" rafe called from the other end of the hallway, i popped my head out to look at him standing shirtless in just the pants he was wearing last night still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. what a sight.

topper and kelce decided to get up and walk out into the hallway as well.

"yeah, cmon let's go my parents have probably left for work or some shit already"

we all lazily trotted down the stairs and dragged our feet into the spotless kitchen.

"ok sooo i'm pretty sure there's pancake mix in the pantry somewhere, definitely cereal and milk- oh and yes rafe i'm pretty sure i have chocolate croissants" i announce.

rafe shoots me a quick wink before stalking off to find his highly requested breakfast food and a jealous aura forms around topper again. i need to equal this out before topper blows up.

i walk over to the fridge and swing it open, "hey top i got your favourite brand milk in here by the way"

he smiles and walks over coming close to me to grab it, "thanks loads astra" he smiles turning to get the cereal from the pantry with kelce.