Beautiful Mistake (3/3) || 03

present day

"dadda..." a mumble makes jungkook smile, glancing over his bare shoulder towards the bedroom door from where a little body waddles to him, letting him know that she's still sleepy. the toddler stumbles over a toy car, landing on her knees and palms pressed on the floor, resulting into a pout on her tinted lips.

"get up, get up," jungkook turns to face the child, chuckling when she shakes her head, letting out a cranky cry early in the morning. her tiny arms extend towards him, making him sigh and turn off the stove, wiping his hands off before going to the crying toddler.

"don't cry, baby." he pats her back, holding her in his arms and walks back to the kitchen. "look we have riri's favourite strawberries here. do you wanna eat it?" he says, holding a strawberry cut into half in front of his daughter who nods, forgetting about being hurt and takes the fruit from his hand, putting it in her mouth at once.

"daddy," aera rests her head on his shoulder, hugging him loosely while he prepares her milk and breakfast. "riri having bad dweam... daddy don' leaving me..."

"yes my love, daddy's not leaving his princess." jungkook smiles, pecking her lips softly and hugs her back, "do we need to scold the bad dreams for scaring my baby?"

"mm-hmm," she nods, making the father chuckle. he sits her on the dining table, bringing his own breakfast and aera's before sitting on the chair in front of her.

"daddy and riri matching!" she laughs, pointing at his grey sweatpants that look similar to her shorts, both sitting with naked upper bodies, making jungkook laugh as well.

"yeah, what color is this?"

"color..." aera stops, staring at her pants and shakes her head, not knowing grey yet as jungkook didn't realise it was in the spectrum and she needs to be familiar with it too, which wasn't the case despite the color being too common in his apartment. the only colors he had taught his daughter and she recognised were pink, red, blue, yellow and basic ones like that.

"it's grey," he says, "say it."

"gay"

"no, grey."

"daddy!" aera giggles, clapping her hands.

"alright, say grey."

"no, daddy!" she cackles loudly, leaning towards him as her hands reach out to grab his cheeks, "daddy!"

"okay, fine." he smiles, making her sit properly and gives her the sippy cup filled with her baby powdered milk. aera suckles out the milk, sitting quietly, leaning on his free arm, frequently moving her leg to kick his hand and end up laughing when jungkook would pretend to huff and scrunch his face up at her.

things had started getting better thanks to the support from his hyung and noona. he wouldn't imagine raising a child and be this close without jimin and his wife's help. the two had constantly been there and assured jungkook that whatever happens he can always talk to them. the first five months jungkook took to learn and know everything about babies, living with the couple and watching them take care of his daughter.

by the sixth month he had gained some confidence, saying that he would manage on his own then. he moved out without much difficulty only to come back panicking with the six months old baby crying like there's no tomorrow. when haewon asked what had happened, he said he was trying to feed her but she wouldn't drink the milk and started crying. that was the time he realised he should check the temperature of the milk before giving it to the baby.

to avoid hurting his daughter anymore he dropped the idea of moving out for a few more days and got a diary and a pen, sitting and noting down every little detail that jimin and haewon would tell him. by the time aera turned eight months old and jungkook felt like he could handle her now, he expressed his wish of moving out again, gaining the couple's best wishes and an emergency contact list from the brother which was valid 24/7.