Skin of a Killer

Note: most of this is probably copyrighted by the Twilight franchise, the dialogue was copied almost word for word

Deet swooped through the Endless Forest, holding Rian close to her as she flew across the terrain with speed unknown to gelfling kind. They came to a clearing, she brought them to a halt, breath catching.
"This is it," she thought, "I must show him the monster the Darkening has made me."
It had been several nights since the battle at Stone-in-the-Wood, but since absorbing the energy, the illness, that was the Darkening, its hold on her had only gotten worse and Rian had since broke her heart with his loyalty, following her into her isolation. But it wasn't fair. She mustn't hide the worst parts of herself from him any longer.
She walked away from him, to a spot of sunlight left dancing through the branches overhead.
"This is why I haven't shown myself in the sunlight," she explained. "I didn't want you to know I was different."
She could feel it under her skin, the hot purple energy, it pulsated like blood in her veins. With a heavy heart, she turned to face him.
"This is who I am."
Her shadow was tinged with a violet aura, she could tell by the look on his face that what she could feel internally now had a matching exterior.
"It's like lightning." He gasped, observing the horrible veins made prominent and glowing. His blue eyes shone with loss. She'd done that. She'd take one more thing from a gelfling who's lost everything. "You're beautiful." He said.
But it didn't console her.
"Beautiful?" She almost laughed, but the lump forming in her throat prevented it. "This is the skin of a killer, Rian."
Overwhelmed, she walked on, half leaving him to run, half hoping he'd choose to stay.
She heard his footfalls behind her. "I'm a killer." She repeated, thinking this time he'd find it in his senses to leave, find someone whole to spend his life with.
"I don't believe that," he said, following in her wake.
He wouldn't hear it. But what he believed was a lie, she couldn't let this go on any longer.
"I am Thra's most deadly creature."
Memories of the All Maudra's death ceremony came flooding back, the way he'd looked at her from across that fire, how his ears perked up when she sang. Somehow, he still believed that was her, still intrigued by her voice, her face. Maybe it was the Darkening trying to invite him in. As if she'd need those assists now. He could never out run her, as if he could fight her off.
The knowledge of what she was capable of, the unknown knowledge, horrified her. "I'm designed to kill." She reached for a nearby flower, it crumpled as it too became infected with the Darkening, its petals glowing that same, ugly hue as her eyes.
His shoulders tensed, his eyes were wide, and though everything about him read fear, he still said, "I don't care."
"I've killed before," she reminded him. She clenched her fists, trying not to remember, she never meant to end up this way.
"It doesn't matter," he insisted.
"I could kill you too."
With a worrying lack of hesitation, "I trust you."
They were close now, too close. She gazed into his seafoam eyes, trying to fight back the burning inside her. She was too close, too dangerous.
She longed to feel his hand on hers, to hear that it would all be fine and believe it, but she had to push those feelings away. "Don't."
He spoke quickly, desperately. "Deet, I'm here. I trust you."
As if he'd heard her secret wish, he reached out for her, but it was all too much. She ran, she had to keep him away.
"I'm different from the other gelfling. It's- I'm infectious. There's no healing me."
He took a step closer. "But you're still the same gelfling I met, all those unum ago."
"I can't control myself now."