Wonderland, Taylor Swift- songfic

Note: this one isn't so much "unhinged" or "random", more of a parody-parody :)

Didn't they tell us don't rush into things?

Rian offered his hand, smiling shyly, "may I have this dance?" He asked, the lamplight shining warmly in his eyes.

Didn't you flash your green eyes at me?

Deet blushed, grateful the low lighting hid her flusteredly flushed cheeks. "Of course."

Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?

He led her to the dance floor, where other gelfling merrily took their partners, twirling them round in cheerful affection.

didn't it all seem new and exciting?

"I'm sorry," Rian said, Deet noticed his cheeks colour too. "I should have thought this through better, I don't know how to dance."

I felt your arms twisting around me

Deet laughed, "it's okay. Neither do I!"
They watched the other dancers for a moment, Rian held her hand in his, leaving the other on her waist.

I should've slept with one eye open at night

Butterflies fluttered in her tummy as they began to sway unrhythmically, laughing and carefree.

We found Wonderland

He spun her and they reconnected.

You and I got lost in it

Their eyes locked.

And we pretended it could last forever

Her heartbeat accelerated.

We found Wonderland

His eyes softened.

You and I got lost in it

The music changed.

And life was never worse but never better

She let go of his hand, embarrassed. "Th-thanks for the dance!"
Rian's breath caught. He steadied himself, "thank you, Deethra." He bowed, she curtsied in response, giggling.
"Maybe we should do it again sometime?"