Blue Flowers

I was just minding my business, reading the newspaper, today is the day Antonio Madrigal get's his gift. The Madrigal family is so lucky, they can do all kinds of cool things, today would be my first time watching someone get their gift.

I couldn't watch Camilo get his since Papa was sick so I had to look after him while Mama watched.

I did watch Mirabel though but, that was a real disappointment because she didn't get a gift.

Mama promised I could watch Antonio get his gift but I have a feeling that maybe the magics ran out, that's why Mirabel didn't get a gift.

"Y/N!!" I heard Mama call from downstairs.

"Yes Mama?" I quickly got off of my bed, tossing the news paper to the side and ran down to Mama.

"I need to pop down to the shops, so do you mind looking after the Flower Store for the next hour or two?" Mama smiled as she put her coat on getting ready to go out.

"Of course mama, let me get ready okay?"

She nodded and picked up her keys, "Not too long, okay hunny." She smiled and left.

I quickly ran upstairs and looked through my wardrobe. I threw on a white top and a long yellow skirt, I sat down next to my mirror and tied my hair up in 2 buns and smiled at my reflection.

By the time I got to the shop, there was already a line of people. Usually theres not that many but I guess everyone is buying flowers to give to the Madrigal family.

I quickly enter the shop and flip the sign that says closed so that it says open.

As I scan the flowers people want, I notice Camilo Madrigal walk in. I stare at him without realising, why is he in the shop? Can't Isabella make the flowers for them.

He turns and looks at me, realising im staring and turns red a bit. He put down the blue flowers that he was holding and left the store.

Shit, why did I have to fuck that up. What if he see's me tonight and thinks I'm a freak.

After helping a few more customers a boy comes up to me, I hadn't seen him before.

"How much for these?" He smiled holding up the same blue flowers Camilo had earlier.

I took the flowers and scanned them, "71 thousand pesos "

"71k? Bit pricey don't you think?"

I looked up at him, "I don't make the prices alright."

He reached into his pockets and passed me the money, "You don't own the store?"

I shook my head, "It's my Ma's but she's out shopping, she will look after it when she's back" I passed him the flowers and his change.

"No, keep the change beautiful," He slid the change back to me and lent on the desk, "A tip, from me."

I stared at him for a moment and smiled, "Thank you," I put the change into my bag.

"Listen, when your Ma comes back from shopping would you maybe want to go out somewhere together?" He picked one of the flowers from the bouquet he bought.

"I think I will have to be getting ready for the Antontio's ceremony tonight, sorry."

"Oh yes! Antonio, cute kid isn't he but i must say Camilo is very good looking." He smirked and placed the flower that he picked into my hair.

"Oh god, I saw Camilo earlier and was accidentally staring, he probably thinks I'm a total freak!" I said resting my head on the desk.

He went quiet for a minute as if he didn't know what do say, but finally he spoke up. "You?" He laughed a bit, "He would never think someone as gorgeous as you would be a freak! Let's face reality, you're the most beautiful girl in town!"

I could feel myself turning red and i played with my hands, "You really think that?"

He walked around the counter and came over to me, "Of course I do and I'm sure Camilo does too."

I tried to hold my smile down but this boy was ever so charming, "Thanks but, have you not seen Isabella? She is so perfect!"

"You are just as perfect.." He hesitated and stared at me for a minute, "What's your name"

"Y/N" I smiled biting the inside of my cheek, something about this boy gives me butterflies.

"Y/N" He nodded and said to himself, "What a beautiful name, I should really get going. I hope to see you at Antonio's ceremony!"

He was leaving already? I didn't want him to go! "Wait!" I grabbed his hand before he could leave. "I never got to know your name either."

"It's Cam-" He stopped himself, "Cammm..eron, Cameron that's me, Cameron."

"Well Cameron, I can't wait to see you at the Ceremony."

"You too Y/N!" He waved as he exitted the shop.

I waved him off staring at his as he left.

When's mum going to come back, I need to get ready for when I see Cameron tonight!