New year

04.01.2022

A new year. It sounds so surreal to me, It sounds surreal to me that 2021 is over but it's always this way when a new year starts at least for me. It is something many people title as a new starting point for them to start over. I don't understand why people only try to change when the new year starts. A new year, a new 365 days of your life in which somewhere your birthday lies. 365 days of opportunities to explore the world or yourself. A year that could completely change you, your life, and your view of life. A season of happiness, sorrow, anger, and maybe even depression. Every year is different from the one before not because you become a year older. No, every year is different because you change not from becoming older but because you make new experiences, and those change you. Maybe even the people around you change you a bit whenever that is in a good way by helping you become the best version of your current you or in a bad way by making you suppress yourself. If you realize people aren't making you comfortable cut them out of your life their not making you happy like they're supposed to be. Your mental health is important and should never come over the needs of others. A new year makes you realize who you want to be and who you want to have in your life and who not. A new year can make you realize who has your best interest at heart and who does not.