𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4: 𝑴𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈

"It's not fine, you were leaving..." both Bruno and Dolores said in sync. 

The family stared at them in shock before chaos ensued. Everyone started screaming and panicking. Mirabel looked at her family and saw her parents and Antonio in tears. Pepa was thundering while Felix tried to calm her down. Her sisters and Abuela stared at her in disbelief. 

"SILENCE!" Abuela yelled and at once everyone turned quiet. She turned towards Dolores and asked what she knew.

"Well..." Doloras contemplated if she should continue before she did in a hushed voice. "I heard her leave while we took the picture. I assumed it was cause she wasn't in it and felt left out I heard some packing and writing along with her telling Casita to make sure something gets to us. She was about to leave and but then poof we came here." She finished.

They absorbed all that information before Julieta turned towards Bruno "Brunito how did you know she was leaving?" She asked wanting to know what he knew.

"Well, I saw her pack and try to leave while Casita tried to stop her.." He spoke looking down while fidgeting with his hands.

"You saw- does that mean you were IN the house?!" Pepa spoke in disbelief as she stared at her brother. 

"I-" He looked down for a minute before continuing "I love my family. I couldn't leave..."

"We'll continue this" she pointed to Bruno "later."

Agustín looked back towards his daughter once and asked her "Why were you leaving?"

Mirabel tensed up and eyes soon fell on her again. Her thoughts flooded her once again and she wanted to leave. She couldn't tell them what was wrong. 

She felt a hand grab hers and she looked down to see Antonio beside her. He still had tears in his eyes. She went down to wipe them away. 

"Is that why you had a bag? Were you going to leave?" He asked his voice shaking desperately wanting to know if his prima was going to abandon him and their family.

Mirabel couldn't lie to him Antonio was one of the few family members that still loved her and treated her the same even without her gift. She took a deep breath before looking at him and speaking

"I'm sorry Antonio" that's all she had to say for Antonio to know that everything he heard about her leaving was true. His tears fell again and he pulled Mirabel into a hug holding on to her as if she'd leave any moment. She quickly reciprocated the hug.

"Hey, it's okay it's not your fault." She tried to reassure him and slowly rubbed circles on his back to calm him down.

The others watching stared at the scene and now knew for certain Mirabel was planning to leave. The thought broke their hearts and all they wanted to know was why. Deep down they all knew the answer but they all refused to accept it.

The chairs in the room forced them to sit again indicating there was still more to show to the family. They thought it'd be about Mirabel and it would provide an answer as to why she was leaving but instead, Luisa showed up on the screen.