𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10: 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒆𝒔

a/n: I know a lot of you want the argument scene but I forgot to have them react to the dinner scene and when Mirabel chases after Bruno so after this chapter I'll be writing those two then the awaited argument scene will happen. I hope you guys understand and enjoy the currently planned chapters. :)

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

"I'm proud of you both" Abeula finally said. Her response shocked all the Madrigal's as it wasn't what any of them were expecting. They thought she'd yell or scold them but here she was saying she was proud.

Abuela stopped before looking around at everyone before she spoke again shocking them all once more.

"I'm proud of all of you, and I'm sorry..." She looked down before continuing "I was afraid and my fears made me lose sight of so many things."

"Mamá?" Julieta called out Alma looked up to see Julieta and her other children standing in front of her

"Mamá what were you afraid of?" Pepa asked as the rest just watched equally as curious wanting to know what Abuela feared. 

"Before we had our Encanto when you three had just been born" she look towards her triplets before continuing "Our home had been invaded and destroyed. We fled to leave when my Pedro..." She stopped contemplating to continue as she teared up

"Mamá you don't have to continue if it hurts to bring it up." Julieta said before her mother simply patted her shoulder as to say it was alright "I need to continue." She said before taking a deep breath 

Pedro sacrificed himself in an attempt to save me and the other refuges." She said pain evident in her voice. Most of the family knew briefly about how he died but they didn't think about how much it must have hurt her.

"The miracle was given to us soon after, It saved us and gave me a second chance at life. I took everything for granted and lost sight of who the miracle was really for." she looked up towards her family and frowned before looking down in shame.

"I started seeing my family for their gifts and not who they were, and for that, I'm so sorry, you're all so much more than that and I couldn't see that. I know a simple apology won't excuse all the pain I caused." She got up and walked towards her children

"I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you. Pepa I made you conceal your feelings instead of letting them out" She said as she cupped Pepa's cheek before facing Bruno and giving him a hug

"And Brunito I shunned you for something you could not control. I made you think the best thing to do was run away. You're my son not some burden and I'm so sorry I made you feel that way." She pulled away only to see him in tears before he hugged her once more. She then looked up to Julieta and smiled sadly

"Julieta I made you deal with the pressure of this family and left you to keep the peace between everyone when I should have been doing that" Julieta could only smile and reassure her mamá that it was alright.

Alma then looked towards her grandchildren each one awkwardly standing 

"I'm sorry I pressurized you all into using your gifts for the sake of others and forgetting your own needs. Luisa, you shouldn't have felt the need to be strong all the time and carry the family burdens" Luisa only nodded trying her best to smile through her tears.

"Isabela I gave you so many expectations to be perfect in hopes to make you happy never thinking once if this was what you wanted. I gave you a suitor who you never were in love with and in turn hurt the one who did love him." She finished looking at Dolores as she said the last line.

"I'm sorry I hurt the both of you over a boy." They only smiled and told her it was alright and now she knows. Abuela then faced Mirabel and realized how much she had to apologize for.

"Mirabel." At the sound of her name, she looked up and froze before being engulfed in a hug. She didn't move and only stared in shock

"I hurt you the most Mirabel and no apology could fix the pain I caused you." She said before pulling away tearfully looking at the girl.

"I cast you to the side to protect an image of perfection, and even after that, all you wanted was to help us." Abuela went to grab her hands before continuing "You never did anything wrong, I hurt this family in more ways than one and all you did was try to help up. For that, I'm so proud of you and I'm sorry I couldn't see that earlier" 

Mirabel finally taking the words in went in and hugged her Abuela. That was all she wanted in life, to be seen and acknowledged, to make her family proud. Now she's finally done it.

"There's still a lot we need to fix but this is a start," Mirabel said. Soon after the rest of the family joined the hug. They still had much to fix but this was the start of something new for the Madrigals.

a/n: I really didn't know how to write this chapter but I hope this was good enough for you guys :)