03 | Interview with @Louise_Fyre

Our first January's Featured Spotlight is Louise_Fyre - she's the author of Dance of the Damned !

About her: Louise Fyre is a down to earth young women who spends her spare time writing quietly in small urban city

About her: Louise Fyre is a down to earth young women who spends her spare time writing quietly in small urban city. When she's not writing, she can be found working her full-time job as a fashion and costume designer. She is a doting aunt to her sisters border collie and is an avid cat person.

About Dance of the Damned: When a mysterious invitation appears on Ariadne's door step out of nowhere, everything she knew; or thought she knew about her world comes tumbling down around her

About Dance of the Damned: When a mysterious invitation appears on Ariadne's door step out of nowhere, everything she knew; or thought she knew about her world comes tumbling down around her. As she journeys to the realm of the Fae she must come to terms with her heritage, and the realisation that her father might not be dead after all. Ariadne is just one dance step away from loosing herself and more in this intriguing story of Fae, shape shifters, a shadow council out for blood and more. Oh my!

Her favourite quote: "I became who I was meant to be."

1. What made you start writing?

Answer:

Friends and family. They help inspire me a lot and they've always encouraged me to "just go for it". But the other half was always seeing stories that helped me get through tough times, and I wanted to create my own world's where people could just jump in and spend a few hours escaping through the pages.

2. What inspired you to write "Dance of the Damned"?

Answer:

Lots of things inspired me, but the only thing that I felt really drove it forward was wanting to flesh out the Fae realm that this spin off series belongs to. Ansmere is a large world, and the Fae realm (Themora) itself was full to the brim with its own stories I felt needed to be heard.

3. Edits. They can fill writers with dread or excitement! How do you approach the editing process?

Answer:

I tend to edit as I go along because I don't get much time to sit down and do it after my full time job. I like to usually take it one chapter at a time though so that eventually, at least it will all get done. I like to note down any huge plot changes or events first, in case I want to keep them. But I believe writing a story is a journey and not a destination so I like to let the characters just go wild sometimes and see where the story goes.

4. What do you love about writing and why?

Answer:

I love writing because it opens up so many things, whether it's thoughts, feelings, world's or opening someone's mind; the possibilities are endless and to me, that feels like a tangible magic that nothing else can touch. Yes, sometimes it's stressful, and infuriating but by the end of it you've achieved so much that you almost forget why it's infuriating in the first place. It's also an escape for a lot of people, and for some, it's even home. That's what I love about writing the most, it has the power to bring people together, no matter how great the physical distance and it builds whole communities and fandoms.

5. If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?

Answer:

Ooft, that's a tough one. I'd say keep trying. Even when you feel like your voice isn't being heard, write that story. Speak that poetry or spoken word. You never know who it might reach, or how it could help them in their time of need.

Have you read 'Dance of the Damned' yet? Be sure to check it out on her profile Louise_Fyre!

Thank you for reading!