University Blues

Although she had hoped Diego would join her on her new journey, Maia was still happy to be attending University and pursuing her passion to become a photographer. Diego was going to be at the same university, of course, but she just hoped he'd join her as her boyfriend and would be starting a new chapter entirely together. Unfortunately, Rue was living that fantasy.

Taking in a deep breath, Maia took in her surroundings, the obnoxiously tall buildings that seemed to architecturally date back to the early 1600s for sure and the happy, bright greenery scene that followed each pathway. It would be a perfect place to take pictures and further her practice, though, today it was a little too happy for her liking.

It would have been alright if only she hadn't witnessed Rue and Diego trapezing around campus all lovey-dovey, while Maia seemed like a lovelorn fool, her eyes unintentionally gazing after them.

Forget them. She knew she had to let go. This was supposed to be about reinventing herself, achieving good grades within her photography course and overall just being happy without any drama.

It was nice. She'd followed her schedule, got lost a few times and maybe embarrassed herself with her heavy breathing after climbing one set of stairs but overall, it was a good day.

With lunch coming up, she was momentarily excited to try out the new food with Diego. That is until she remembered wherever he went, Rue followed along like a lost puppy. Or was that her? All those years by his side... was it really that bad? Was she that bad?

"I like your dress!" Rue chimed, oblivious to the fact that her cheery and friendly attitude was making Maia hate her more.

She didn't want to feel this way, hating someone so lovely and pretty, somebody who loved her dear best friend and acted for him... But she did hate her. Every little thing was annoying her and no matter what she did, she constantly picked out little things to hate Rue for.

"Thanks," Maia gave a one word answer, avoiding eye contact with Rue and focusing on the surprisingly tasty meal she had brought from the cafeteria.

Unfortunately Rue looked nice too, her hair was braided and wrapped up into a bun with some little golden hair cuffs throughout. Matching the gold theme, all her jewellery was gold, the colour standing out against her dark complexion and the white vest top she wore. It all complimented her so well, from the check jacket over the top to the loose jeans.

All Maia had done was straighten her hair wavy hair out, toss on a pretty floral summer dress and considered herself fashionable. Sadly she was wrong and it was autumn so she was freezing. Not a win... especially when Diego was sat in front of her, brushing his thumb against Rue's lip to clear away some food, though, that was an excuse for skinship.

Feeling fed up, Maia pulled out her phone and began to scroll through her various social media accounts hoping to escape her reality and failing. That is until a message popped up from somebody she never would have expected.

🅶🅰🅱🆁🅸🅴🅻
[ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ 1 ᵐᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᴳᵃᵇʳⁱᵉˡ ]
C̳l̳i̳c̳k̳ t̳o̳ o̳p̳e̳n̳

🅶🅰🅱🆁🅸🅴🅻
Hey Maia, this might be weird. You can just ignore if you want. I was just wondering if you'd help me out.
[seen at 13:09]

Maia
Hey, what's up?

🅶🅰🅱🆁🅸🅴🅻
I wanted to practice my cooking and my brothers kinda sick of it so I was wondering if maybe you could come join me twice a week for dinner. 👀 You won't have to eat with me, I'll just be cooking and then you can try out the different dishes and give me opinions. It would really be a big help but I understand if you don't feel comfortable with it _(:з」∠)_
[seen at 13:11]

Maia
Will Diego be there?

🅶🅰🅱🆁🅸🅴🅻
He'll be around but these days he likes to go out to see his girlfriend. You don't have to come alone though, you can bring a friend if you'd like 👍
[seen at 13:13]

Maia
Okay, let me know whenever you need me.

Maia
I mean when you're cooking

Maia
I mean the food

🅶🅰🅱🆁🅸🅴🅻
What else would you mean? 🤨
[seen at 13:14]