Chapter Forty Two

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-
╔═.✵.══════════╗
Nobara Kugisaki
╚══════════.✵.═╝
-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

_____________________________

"You sure about this, Doctor?" She asked upon reaching the modern house before them.

Her heart beat furiously. Was this really happening? Seeing her friends, teachers, new people too?

"No, actually." Doctor Junichi admitted. Nobara gave the old man a glare, but she was used to his sarcasm and harsh truths so she paid him no mind. "Hopefully Amati should be finished with the meeting by now." The doctor said as he checked his watch.

That statement alone made Nobara's stomach rise to her throat.

Tanaka Sensei...

Ever since Nobara finally regained consciousness after so long, Doctor Junichi told her all about everything. What happened in Shibuya, how the doctor found Tanaka Sensei and healed her, how Kenjaku made the culling game... all the events up until freeing Gojo Sensei.

He told her who died and who didn't, everyone's physical status, emotional status, and with all the information, Nobara felt like she's been living with everyone all these days.

But except she hadn't.

As they stepped on the stairs, a million thoughts crossed Nobara's mind.

She's really going to see everyone, huh?

Her classmates, Yuji and Megumi, whom she missed so much.

Her seniors, and even Yuta who she hasn't met yet.

Shoko, Ijichi, Tsumiki, new people and finally...

Her two Senseis.

Gojo Sensei, despite his annoying ass, made Nobara excited to see her Sensei free and well again.

And Tanaka Sensei... After Nobara heard she died, she wanted nothing more than to see her other Sensei alive and breathing.

"Are you going to stay out here lost in thought, or should I open the door?" Doctor Junichi asked.

Nobara sighed shakily. "Just open it."

And-

Here they are.

Standing in front of everyone, Nobra suddenly wishes she could disappear. She's never been so clueless and nervous about anything her entire life.

Should she say something?

Should they say something?

She wishes she could glance at the doctor, ask him to help her, but this is her moment.

Is this what Yuji felt when he was killed by Sukuna?

Nobara lets a bitter laugh run through her mind. At least he was happy and it didn't bother him to see them again. But it's not the same with her.

Fushiguro, Itadori, Panda, Maki, Inumaki, Shoko, Ijichi, and more...

Some of them have suffered great injuries.

Like her.

She tries not to put her hand over the eyepatch.

"Kugisaki?" Yuji asks disbelieving.

Nobara tries in vain to blink back the tears.

Ha... When Yuji came back, all Nobara did was hit and scold him. She wishes he could do the same. It wouldn't hurt so much if he did.