Chapter Ten

Medusas POV

Me and Nedra went onto the stage that was there for the ceremony. There was a chair. Persephone started going on with her speech. She does too much sometimes.

"Now it is time for Medusa match, Nedra gets the shot. If you take a seat, it will begin!" Everyone sat down in their seats and I Nedra sat in the chair, but then gave me an unsure look. I went over to her and grabbed her shoulders.

"I don't want a shot." She whispered, In a shaky voice. I know she is starting to slip. I stood her up sitting down then pulled her into my lap and made her face me.

"It will be okay love. I will be here and not let go.'' I told her. She nodded but still teared up. Persephone then announced it was time for the shot. Nedra started freaking out like she did at the doctors office. "No, no love, It's okay, focus on mommy. I think I saw some cake. You want some cake?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

When the doctor came over. Nedra started leaving away whining. I held her and pulled ehr sleeve down a little so she could get the shot. The thing about the immortal shot, it was thicker. It would be more painful. She wiped Nedra's arm. Right as the needle went in, Nedra cried and wailed. I held her down, she just cried and tried moving away. I had to hold her down.

It hurt me to see her in so much pain. I knew tomorrow she would be in a lot of pain as both of her arms got shots. The doctor wiped her arm then added a care bear band aid this time. Nedra didn't stop crying. She hit the doctor's arm away after she put on her bandaid. I grabbed Nedras hand and shushed her. The doctor laughed it off. She gave us a paper with all the information and aftercare for the shot. Then she packed up and left.

Everyone clapped as Persephone said that it was all over. Then the music started playing and everyone started partying. I put Nedra on my hip and brought her upstairs, into the nursery. I changed her into a pull up and then put her in a red dress. It had puffed sleeves and a puffed bottom skirt.

I put her in some frilly socks that were red and left her shoes off. I felt that she probably wouldn't leave my arms for the rest of the night, especially after everything. I hate that I've put her through so much stress in a day.  She started calming down after I changed her.

We went back down stairs. I went over to where the food was. I made a plate with some mashed potatoes, green beans, and some I think it was, prime rib. They also had some chicken nuggets. I put some on the plate. I'll feed Nedra some off my plate.

I went outside near the fire and sat at a table. I sat with my baby on my lap. I started eating my food, then Nedra whined reaching for my fork. "Alright baby, alright." I fed her some potatoes and she ate them, opening her mouth again. I fed her some green beans too. I let her try the prime rib, but didn;t like it too much. She ate all her nuggets.

"Good job baby! You ate all your food, good job." I said, rubbing her tummy. "Do you want some cake or s'mores baby?" I asked Nedra.

"BOF!" Nedra yelled. I chuckled and shushed her.

"Baby, not too loud. You can't have both, though. You can only have one. You can't eat too many sweets, you'll get a tummy ache." I told her. Nedra whined and kept saying both. Oh how will I get her to only want one, hmmm.

"Baby if you can't choose one, then mommy will." I told her. She only fussed. Oh boy, I don't think I'll be able to choose.

"Okay let's make s'mores and you can have cake tomorrow." I told her, Nedra started tearing up fussing and wiggling around. "Okay, okay love, since you've had such a hard day you can have both. But! Only a little cake and a couple s'mores, I don't want you sick." I told her, giving in. She started giggling and clapping her hands.

I got up and got a small piece of cake. It was just vanilla and chocolate marbled cake with a chocolate frosting. I fed her the cake. She looked so cute and enjoyed her cake. I then got the stuff to make the s'mores.

I went over to the fire and sat Nedra in my lap. I started roasting the marshmallows. I looked away to get the graham cracker ready and Nedra was reaching for the fire. I pulled her away.

"NO! No, baby, do not touch the fire, you'll burn yourself, my poor baby." I said, kissing her fingers. She looked at me nodding. I put the chocolate down and the marshmallow on. I gave it to Nedra. She ate it and of course, made a huge mess. I chuckled and she whined.

"No sticky! Bad!" Nedra says, shaking her hands. I got up and grabbed a wipe from inside. I wiped her hands down. Her grumpy face now turned into a smile. People came up to us and said how cute Nedra is. Nedra only cuddled into me not liking the attention too much.

Music kept playing. I then heard one of my favorite latin songs to dance too. The song was Bialando, by Enrique Iglesias. I went onto the dance floor that had been placed. I had Nedra in my arms. I started dancing and moving my hips to the beat. Nedra squealed and giggled. I grabbed her hand and kissed her hand.

She clapped her hands and then covered her face, squealing more. I sang to her a little. She kept giggling and clapping her hands. Athena and Persephone came onto the dance floor and started dancing with us. It felt amazing to have my baby there with me and my friends there, but mostly my baby.

Once the song was over it was already around 12am. Nedra started getting fussy and sleepy. When anyone gave her a little attention or gushed over her, she would stick her tongue out or cuddle into me. I apologized and told her to stop, but she only continued.

Everyone had finally left. It was now 1am. Persephone and the waiters pack up and help clean stuff. Nedra was now fussing more. She pulled on my hair and started getting an attitude.

"Babygirl, that is enough. You are so fussy. Let's go upstairs and take a quick bath. Then we will cuddle and fall into dreamland!" I told her.

"Nu! Chu booger." I sighed and gave her a look.

"You don't call me names, What's my name?" I asked her. She grumbled and screamed. I covered her mouth. I gave her another look. "This is your last chance to say my name and then we can cuddle, or you are getting punished and straight to bed." I told her. She teared up.

"Chu go weabe me an nu tawk to meeeee." Nedra said, starting to cry. I almost didn't catch what she said.

"No, no tiny girl. I would of course still be with you. I can't leave you alone, you would still get cuddles. But you wouldn't be able to get a bottle, or a bedtime story." I told her. She continued to cry and smooshed into me. I shushed her.

I carried her upstairs and into the bathroom. I started running the bath adding bubbles. I undressed her and cleaned her face. She whined but let me. I then placed her into the bath with some bath toys. She played with them and let me clean her up. Getting her out was a struggle like normal, but I did it.

I put her in a diaper and then put her into one of my shirts. I changed into a shirt also. I laid down then laid my baby down on top of me. I started rubbing her back. She leaned into my neck, she started sucking on my collarbone. I reached over grabbing a paci. I slipped it into her mouth. She sucked on it, closing her eyes.

It took her longer to fall asleep tonight, but she did. I knew tomorrow would be hell. The shot would make her feel more sick than anything and I would also have to go to work tomorrow. I knew that I needed to fall asleep soon after knowing tomorrow would be very long.