Gangster Hit

1966

Gangland Style Shooting at Colorado Hotel

When Derwent and members of the Las Vegas mafia purchased the Overlook Hotel, the intent was for them to use the establishment as a way for them to conduct illegal activities in the privacy of a secluded business. At the time, Derwent's shady dealings went hand-in-hand with mob activities. The mob used the hotel as a way for them to commit mob-related murders and they could avoid getting caught.

After the writing school closed following the unforeseen death of student Edward Sheldon, the Overlook was once again purchased to be used as a hotel. This welcomed back the mafia as well. This included more shady dealings, and increase in drug deals, and even more slayings. It had always been a hotbed of scandals and illegal activity, despite efforts to make the hotel appear perfect.

Vittorio Gienelli, a reputed crime overlord known as The Chopper, was sitting on the pristine couch of his presidental suit hotel room counting his money with his two body guards, Victor T. Boorman and Roger Macassi, standing around him. A lit cigar balanced between his lips, and he inhaled the tobacco as he counted his illegal earnings.

There was a sharp knock at the door which broke his concentration and the thick silence in the room, and before Gienelli could brush it off, the doors burst open and two masked men walked into the hotel room.

Gienelli looked up and immediately stood to his feet. His hand twitched toward his belt where his pistol was hidden, and the two unknown men opened fire on Gienelli. The blasts blew up their eardrums. Gienelli collapsed to the floor, and what was left of him was riddled with close-range blasts from double-barrel guns.

His bodyguards raced out with their guns drawn after the masked men took off down the hall, but they weren't quick enough. Shots were fired with flashes bouncing off the walls, and they died in the hallway. Their remains were found sprawled out on the floor outside of the suite with their blood sprayed down the hallway in bright red splotches, like dribbling paint.

Nothing personal, this was strictly business. It was all in the game, and Gienelli lost.

Gienelli's blood and pale brain matter splattered on the walls of the suite, and his corrupt money got soaked with his gummy organ soup. This not only stained the wallpaper and woodwork of the hotel, but it also soaked into the grisly history that will forever play on an endless loop. Those with the shining will be able to forever see the aftermath of this terrible event that was scratched into the hotel like a carving.

The assassins were never identified, and it is now a cold case in the eyes of law enforcement. Newspapers caught word of the story and spread it around, so shortly after this gruesome incident, the owners sold the hotel to unknown buyers.