Introduction

"GET OUT OF HERE!"
"WE DON'T WANT YOU"
"LEAVE, YOU FREAK"

You scramble out the door, only holding a small suitcase you had prepared, should a day like this ever come. All you had was a few supplies, clothing, food, medicine and that was it. You always knew the villagers were going to kick you out one day. You had had the protection of your abuelo before he passed a couple day's ago. Rushing to get out you barely notice a young mother attempt to hand you a note, shushing her baby. You wouldn't have noticed her at all had she not grabbed your arm. 
"Ay ay ay, Cariño, this isn't a great day for you is it? Listen, I won't keep you long, it's just, your abuelo told me to give you this, if ever they... well you know." This time she put the note in your pocket. "Follow me, I have a garden that leads straight to the wall. Open the note when you are safe, understand?" You nod, grateful beyond measure, following her to the garden, she stops in the kitchen, grabbing a couple empanadas and shoving them into your hands. 
"Go, go now! You are lucky the nightfall is on edge, you can move more freely, follow the river, you should have enough protection to get where you need to go." You thank her, kissing the baby before fleeing into the cold dusk. 

Safely out of the walls, you remember the note screwed up in your pocket. You reach down, pulling it out, it glows in the night, a light bursting from it. You fall to the ground, tossing the note in front of you, a figure with wise eyes grows from it. 

"Ah, Mi hija, it is a sad day, is it not? I always feared not being there to protect you, but my time is soon, I feel it coming. If you got this note it meant that Maria did her job. I am here to instruct you. You may feel lost, like the only person in the world with a gift like yours, but fear not my child, for you are not. There is a family, slightly South of here, the abuela there owes me a favour from a long time ago. The family, The Madrigals, are in a town called 'Encanto', you should be welcomed, just tell them who sent you. I must leave you now. Remember (Y/n), keep your head, you cannot afford to make a mistake in this world. And, Te quiero, I love you so much. Goodbye (Y/n)."

You made your way most of the way to Encanto, just outside it's borders you started to feel funny. 

"Hello? Is anybody out here?" You clutched you head, a spin entering your vision

"I think- I think I need help" The swimming worsened.

"Help?" You fell to the ground.

"Help" You couldn't get up.

"help" Your head was light.

"he-" 

I am sorry (Y/n), If you don't know about your gifts... if you didn't know gifts existed it will be easier for you. The Madrigals will introduce gifts to you and when you realise you have them to, they can help you, normalise it for you. You have suffered too much by our hands. Sleep well, do not worry.