A Crumbling Facade

You both sit on your bed, a silence laying thick over the two of you. Having picked up the pieces of your prophecy, Camilo had materialised a frame.
You both put the bits together, one bit was missing, practically the most cliché bit that could have gone missing, the one piece that showed your hands clasped together in the middle, the rest was all there.

"You know, I use to have a friend just like you." He said, breaking the quiet.
"She was bold, amazing and.. well she was my best friend. I thought, we would be together forever. But we were young, and she... she didn't understand gifts. So when I got mine, she was terrified of me. To the point where, when I shifted she would scream and run away. Hiding behind her Abuelo. It hurt, a lot. To think this girl, who I thought I would spend my life with, didn't understand me. I have tried to find her for years, but I'm pretty sure her Abuelo took her away from Encanto after her parents passed. I wouldn't be trying to find her if I knew she would be scared but after she left I found an apology note... I still have it"
"Do you know her name?" He looks at you, screwing up his eyes and shaking his head.
"No, I can barely remember anything, it feels like I'm not supposed to know who she is. I can only hear her laughter and her scream, see her terrified face and her smile." He was frustrated at himself, why is he bringing this up now? He just found out that he is to marry you and he is talking about his old friend.
"Camilo, we don't... we don't have to talk about this, us I mean." He shakes his head, turning to face you, picking your hands up off your lap and holding them with his own.
"No, we do. Or we will at some point. Agh, I don't know! Why didn't you tell me about this?" He drops your hands standing up off the bed.
"What did you expect me to do? 'Hey Camilo, person who I'm not entirely sure if you like me or not, your long lost tío came up to me in the middle of the night and told me that we are going to be married happily.' It's ridiculous!" You stand up, throwing your hands up in the air, Camilo takes a big breath in, sighing.
"Right, well... clearly neither of us are in the right mindset to talk about thi-"
"No, no, I'm fine, go ahead, talk." You say, almost getting angry, having to remind yourself that this wasn't his fault.
"Fine. I want to know why you didn't tell me." He looks at you, as you get ready to talk.
"I guess deep down, I was scared. I don't think I had actually realised until now, but I was scared. I mean, there we look happy but I don't know where we are, I don't know what we are, if we are friends, not friends, whether you literally hate all the bones in my body."
"Wait," He stops you there, "You can't tell if we're friends?" He laughs, not spitefully, a genuine laugh, it makes you smile.
"Wow, you really are oblivious, yes (Y/n), we are friends." You smile wider, as he touches your arm.
"My next question, who else knows?"
"Well, me, you, Bruno, Dolores and Mirabel." You say, laughing to yourself. "Dolores has almost spilled to you so many times."
"Is that what she was on about during our truth or dare game?" You nod and you both lapse into a short burst of laughter.
"Is there anybody you wanna tell?" You ask, he thinks for a moment before shaking his head.
"As much as my mami would love to know, I think, if we just... see how things go. I mean we know how it's gonna end so... That's not to say we have to jump into anything by the way." He blushes looking away, you hold his cheek, forcing him to look at you, you push away a piece of his hair, so you can see his eyes.
"I know, and I understand what you mean. We should go slow." He takes your hand from his cheek, holding it with his "We can just let time tell-"
"WHAT IS GOING ON?" You jump as a loud voice comes from outside, you stand up, still holding Camilo's hand and rush out the door.

"Woah.." You say, Isabela had gone all out, new kinds of plants have grown around your door and the rest of Casita, some spikey, as you almost found out as you almost walked into cactus, had Camilo not swerved you out of the way.

"Abuela! It’s okay! Everything’s… We’re gonna save the miracle! The magic! Mirabel is sat in a pile of colourful leaves and flowers, as she and Isabel stand up, the plants fade into the ground.
"What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!"
You look at Isabela, her new make over, wow she looked cool, a melody of bright colours over her normal pale purple dress. Whilst you thought it was fantastic, Abuela clearly did not. You and Camilo made your way downstairs, hands still held together.
"Please just… Isabela wasn’t happy." You come closer to the two, Isabela looks nervous, her eyes flicking to over you, you give her a small smile in return and she flicks her hair.
"Of course she wasn't happy, you ruined her proposal."
"No, no, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this! And the candle burned brighter and the crack-" You had a proud best friend moment, over the fact she managed to over the small feud and become this amazing duo.
"Mirabel-"
"That’s why I’m in the vision! I’m saving the miracle! We still have to figure out (Y/n) but I assume she's help-"
"You have to stop, Mirabel! The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa’s losing her powers. Isabela’s out of control. Because of you! I don’t know why you weren’t given a Gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family." You move forward, breaking your grip with Camilo, putting your hand on Mirabel's shoulder. You are angry. The cracks threaten in between you, Mirabel and Abuela.
"She will never... be good enough for you... Will she? No matter how hard she tries.. No matter how hard.. any of them try. Luisa will never be strong enough, Isabela will never be perfect, Camilo can never be himself-"
"Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him." Mirabel rightfully interjects.
"Bruno didn't care about this family."
"He loves this family. I love this family, we all love this family." You say, taking a step towards Abuela, but Mirabel holds you back,
"You're the one that doesn't care. You're the one breaking our home!" She says, Abuela snaps back,
"Don't YOU EVER-"
"The miracle is dying because of you!" Mirabel says, stunning Abuela. The Casita cracks under your feet, puddles of water seeping though.
"NO NO NO!" Pepa yells, seeing her home start to crumble
"The Candle!" Félix shouts, wrapping an arm around his wife. You and Mirabel share one look and a small nod before running.