Meeting the Madrigals

You got up earlier the next morning, you felt thirsty so headed down stairs to get a cup of coffee. You waved hello to Mirabel, who was talking to some kids in the dining area, who were asking about a gift ceremony and showing them how Casita worked

You are taking your coffee to sit on the steps out side when Mirabel shouts, "Draws, Floors, Doors." You stop and turn around, watching Mirabel as she dances across the landing. "This is our home, we've got every generation" She bangs on Camilo and his older sister's door. Camilo comes out as she walks into the flowery room (who's owner I have yet to meet), he glares at me from the landing.

"Good morning, glad to see your alive!" You smile and wave and the buff girl who had spoken to you (You didn't want to reply and distract her whilst she was running... with weights... on the floor), you remember her faintly from the other night.

"Let's be clear Abuela runs this show! She led us her so many years ago!" You look up to see Alma, she looks down at you, smiling softly before she looks around at her grandchildren, who all seemed to be dancing to some music playing in the background. Your feet flew out from beneath you as la Casita took you to the kitchen. You watched everyone get their morning drink before Mirabel grabbed your arm, looking at you with big excited eyes. "Every year our family blessing grows," She began to lead you out the door with everyone else. "(Y/n), there's a lot you simply got to know so, welcome to the family Madrigal!" A clink from behind made you jump as the tiles of the floor jumped into the air, you laughed before stumbling. If it weren't for Mirabel's grasp on your arm you would have fallen flat on your face. "Watch where you're going princesa, don't need you falling for me." That teasing voice made you roll your eyes, clear he had tripped you up, but choosing to ignore his antics you danced along with Mirabel. "We're on our way!" Mirabel yelled, catching up with the family who had begun to make their decent into the village, going wherever they can to help people.

"All the people are fantastical and magical, I'm part of the family Madrigal" You laugh, not understanding the truer meaning of the words. "Ohmygosh its them!" "What are their gifts?" "I can't remember all the gifts!" "What's a gift?" The town around you goes silent. Before continuing on. "It is physically impossible to not know what a gift is!" "What are your powers" "JUST TELL US WHAT EVERYONE CAN DO!" The kids are way to hyper, but Mirabel doesn't mind instead, turning to you, pointing up at a large mural of the family. "This might be hard to grasp but my tia Pepa her mood affects the weather, when she's unhappy well the temperature get's weird." Sure enough an angry, soaking Pepa walking across a field in the near distance, a dark cloud hanging and raining above her head. Your eyes widen in disbelieve, just a trick of the light?

"My tio Bruno-" "We don't talk about Bruno." The town interjects, everybody in a not so silent agreement not to talk about Mirabel's tio, maybe he was just like really weird? "They say he saw the future, one day he disappear." So...werid? "And that's my mum Julieta. Here's her deal..." You recognised this one, the kind lady with the really nice food. "The truth is she can heal you with a meal." Across the way you saw her handing out food, Mirabel goes up to her, dragging you along. "I hope your feeling alright this morning (Y/n)!" She says, passing you some food, which you began to eat, having forgot breakfast this morning. "Her recipes are remedies for real!" "Wow, that's so impressive!" You say, "If you're impressed, imagine how I feel." Mirabel winks at you, proud of her mama, who kisses her check "Mama! Not in front of (Y/n)!" You laugh, an ache settling into your heart as you watch the happy mother and daughter spin each other around. They break off, Mirabel dancing again.

"Welcome to the Family Madrigal, the home of the family Madrigal." "Excuse me, coming through!" You shout, being whisked about a busy market place isn't exactly easy.

She slows down, looking you directly in the eyes, searching for reassurance that your not overwhelmed by all that was being told. You felt fine and were dancing along, something within you felt comforted to know the family was magical.
"I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical but we're part of the family Madrigal." Two men walk up behind Mirabel, and as she notices them she says, "Two guys fell in love with the family Madrigal and now they are part of our family Madrigal" You stare blankly, she continuous, noticing your confusion. "Tío Felix married Pepa." Sure enough looked like they were in love, from the loving kiss they shared, and Pepa throwing her head back. just the way they looked at each other made a warm feeling, It was so pure, so full of love, this was the type of relationship you wanted.
"and my dad married Julieta." These two shared a less passionate kiss, but held the same look for each other that the other two did.