CHAPTER 11 - so we meet

kate's pov

its been 4 days since y/n and i kissed, and y/n's been avoiding me. why? i have no idea. "JARVIS, what time is it?" i ask, JARVIS responding, the time being 8:45am. i get out of bed, going to the elevator. i pet lucky when i get to the ground floor, and go to the kitchen, seeing y/n looking through cabinets, peter sitting on the counter. i sit next to peter, and it looks like he's eating cereal. "morning." i say, peter saying morning back, and y/n giving a morning back, sounding a little busy. "i'm gonna swing to the shops to grab breakfast, do you guys want anything?" y/n says, turning around and leaning against the counter. "i'm good, thanks." peter says, mouthful of cereal. she turns her gaze towards me, waiting for an answer. "maybe some more dog food for lucky? we're running out." i say, and y/n writes it down on her phone. "anything else?" she asks. "no, i'm good thanks." she places her phone in her pocket, and starts walking to the door. "by the way kate, don't eat breakfast! i'll make us breakfast when i get back." y/n says, and i hear the door open and close. huh, that was the first time she said my name in days.

y/n's pov

THWIP! i swing to the nearest shops, which was Costco. i land in another alleyway, the suit's sneakers but not really sneakers absorbing the fall, silently as well. let's take this suit off, JARVIS. "as you wish, miss silk." JARVIS says, into my ear. the suit comes off, making a quiet satisfying sound. i walk out of the alleyway, and into Costco. grabbing a shopping basket, i head to the 'animal food' section. i get dog food and some dog treats. after getting what i needed (and wanted) i go back into the alleyway. suit on. i hold the re-useable bag in my left hand and shoot to a streetlight, pulling myself up.

i drop back in front of the tower, and unlock the door with the key. lucky gets off the couch and runs to me, jumping a little on my legs. "hey lucks, i got you some treats and food!" i say, walking to the kitchen, peter on the couch and kate sitting on the counter, on her phone. "hey y/n." kate says, getting off her phone. "hi kate." i say back, lucky running back to the couch next to peter. suit off. i unpack the food and snacks and start to cook the egg. "sunny side up or scrambled?" i ask kate. "uh, sunny side up, please." i cook 2 eggs sunny side up, and start with the bacon. once finished the bacon, i place 2 servings on a kitchen plate. i place a plate in front of kate and grab 2 forks, handing one to kate. she gets the fork, and our hands slightly touch. "thanks for breakfast, y/n." kate says, starting to eat. "yeah, no problem." i sit on the seat next to her and we eat basically in silence. after eating, kate insists on washing the dishes. 

i sit in the middle of the couch, lucky on my left as peter went to his room. i pet lucky, him closing his eyes. i smile before kate comes and sits next to me. "do you wanna walk lucky with me? he's been cooped up for these few days. i mean you don't have to, i'll still go anyways even if you don't come so i-im like not forcing you or anything, that would be really-" "kate, i'll go with you." i say, stopping her from overthinking. kate smiles, getting up. "wanna go now?" "yeah, of course." i say and get up. "let me just get changed first." "yeah, me too."

i get changed into jeans and a hoodie and i go downstairs to see kate waiting at the door, in a coat and ripped jeans. kate smiles and i shoot a web to the roof and hold it and swing closer to kate, landing next to her. "ready?" i ask kate, and she nods. kate opens the door. once kate was out, she stood next to the door, holding it for me. i smile and walk out the door, kate closing and locking it.

 "where are we going?" i ask, walking beside kate on her right, lucky on a leash. "there's a dog park about 15 minutes from here, i figured we should go there." kate says, eyes ahead. "can we talk?" i ask, looking at kate. "we are talking, aren't we?" kate says, emphasising on the are. "well i mean yeah, but i wanna talk about what happened... a few nights ago, at the spa. and why you're avoiding me." i suggest, lucky sniffing something at the ground for a second. "why i'm avoiding you? you're avoiding me!" kate says, looking at me. "no, you're the one that's avoiding me, but i'm not gonna argue with you. why are we avoiding each other?" i ask, kate sighing. "did you think kissing me was a mistake?" kate asks, anxiously. "what? no!" i say immediately. "did you?" i add, staring at the ground. "no, i didn't." kate says, making a turn right. "okay then, why are we so awkward? we haven't had a conversation in days."i say. "i don't know, but i don't really like it." kate says, saying the second part a little quieter. i lace her right hand with my left, continuing to walk. kate looks down at our hands and she smiles, then looking straight. "are we almost ther-" i say, but get cut off. "oh my god your dog is so cute!" a teenage girl says, 2 other girls standing by her side. "t-thanks." kate says, lucky standing in front of the group of girls. "can we pet him?" another girl asks. i turn to kate, wanting her to give the answer. "yeah- yeah, sure, of course." kate says, and the other girls start to pat lucky. after a few seconds, they stand up fully, with a smile. "thanks." one of the girls say, and kate smiles. they walk in the opposite direction, talking all at once. "that was weird..." kate says, starting to walk again. "well we should probably get used to it, it's new york city!" i say, looking around. kate laughs and we take a turn left. "the park is just up ahead." kate says, swinging our hands back and forth. 

we arrive at the park and open a gate, closing it after we get in. i crouch down and unhook lucky's leash and lucky runs to the other 10 dogs in the park. we both giggle and kate pulls my hand and we sit on a silver seat, watching lucky play with other dogs. "nice weather today, right?" i say, the cool wind blowing across my face. "yeah, it is nice weather." kate says, leaning her head on my left shoulder. after a few seconds of silence between us, kate's phone vibrates. she lets go of my hand and takes her head off my shoulder before reaching for her phone in a small carry bag she brought. "hi jack, how are you?" kate says, phone against her ear. "things are great here." she continues to say. "yeah of course, i'll visit soon. bye!" kate exclaims hanging up. "sorry, that was just my mom's fiancee? ex fiancee? i don't know." kate says, putting her phone in her bag again. "it's all good." i say, looking at lucky, who's playing with a few other dogs his size. "you don't really talk about your parents." i say, and kate sighs. after a few seconds of silence, she speaks. "my dad died in the invasion and my mom is... in jail." "oh, i'm sorry to hear that, kate. sorry for asking." i say, and she lays her head back on my shoulder. "it's okay." she says, and we sit in silence, watching lucky. 

"fanny! come here! i've got water!" a thick russian accent says, a few meters from us. kate immediately lifts her head up, looking at the lady. she stands up, dragging my hand towards the blonde. "kate! what're y-" i yell, getting interrupted. "kate bishop!" the lady says, and we make eye contact. the memories with natasha are all flooding back, just by looking at the figure who looks similar to her. "y-you're... natasha's sister."