CHAPTER 24 - rip in the sky

"miles, i'm a little busy with study, maybe later? and have you even finished your work? i told you, you have to prioritise school first." peter lectures, sitting on the couch beside me. kate lifts my hand off my knee, interlocking it with hers. "okay, i'll try figure out a day." peter says, before hanging up slightly after. "you good pete?" i say, leaning my head on kate's shoulder. kate leans her head on mine, still watching her hunger games movie. "yeah, just need to figure out when i'm gonna train miles." peter says, running his hand through his head. "still studying for MIT?" i ask. "yeah. trying to get in with ned and mj." peter says. "you're going to MIT because tony and i graduated there, right?" i say, and peter smiles. "one of the reasons." he says, focusing on the tv. "the second hunger games movie?" peter asks. "yep." kate says. "great movie." 

i open the door to the pools, placing the towel on the rack. i fix the sage green bra, sitting on the pool chair, waiting for peter, kate and yelena. yelena opens the door, in a yellow bikini. "nice bikini." i say, smiling. "yeah, you too." she says, back, and moments later peter then kate come in. i smile at kate's dark red bikini, and she places her towel on the rack, next to mine. "cannonball!" yelena says, jumping into the pool, tucked up. i laugh, standing up. i jump up, webbing to the ceiling, then letting go, leaning back to do a backflip. i put my arms out, diving perfectly in the water, little splash. "hey good one y/n! 10/10." peter says, jumping into the water. kate walks to put her phone nest to mine on the chair, and i web to her waist, pulling her in the water. "y/n!" she says, splashing into the water. peter, yelena and i laugh, and kate wipes her face after emerging from the water. "so not funny." she says, making me laugh more. 

"let's fight." peter says. "what fight?" i say, flicking the water at kate. she flicks some water back at me, making me smile. "2 vs 2. one stands on one's shoulders, trying to push each other off." peter says, and we all agree. "kate and i verse you and lena?" i suggest, yelena nodding. "ready, kit kat?" i say, and she smiles. "alright, i'm gonna go underwater, put your legs over my shoulders." i say. "let's do it." she says, and i go underwater. seconds later, i feel kate's legs over me, and she sits on my shoulders. i hold her thighs, standing up. once out of the water, i open my eyes. "ready?" yelena says, smirking, already on peter's shoulders. "we're ready!" kate says. peter starts speed walking towards me, and i do the same. we meet in the middle, kate and yelena start wrestling, laughing. "woah!" i say, as we start to tilt back. i hold my breath, and we fall under water. i let go of kate's thighs, and we swims up to the surface, me doing the same. "ha!" yelena says, and i shake my head. "rematch!" i say, and i go underwater, kate putting her legs on my shoulders. "3,2,1, go!" i say, walking to the middle. kate and yelena fight for what seems like forever, before kate gives a final big push, grunting. peter and yelena start falling backwards, splashing in the water. kate and i laugh, and yelena appears from under the water, smiling. "why're you smil-" i say, before a leg sweeps my feet, making kate and i fall back. "oh my g-" kate says, before we go underwater. 

i groan, wiping my face. "cheaters!" kate says, and yelena and pete laugh, high fiving. i splash them both, and they cover their faces, that barely doing anything. they splash us back, and i turn my face away, smiling.

i knock on the bathroom door, and kate opens it, in a bra and underwear. i smile, heading to the sink. i wash my face, and kate turns on the hair dryer. i pat my face dry, before taking the hairdryer from kate. "turn around, i'll do it for you." i say, smiling. she smiles, turning around so her back's facing me. i face the hair dryer to her head, moving it around. i move some of her soft hair around, making sure her hair is dry. after a few minutes i turn the hair dryer off, placing it on the table. "all done." i say, and kate turns around. "thanks y/n." she says, and i smile. 

we head back to the bed, kate laying down first. i lay on kate's shoulder, and kate pulls out her phone. she goes on twitter, scrolling for a few seconds, before she see's a video of a figure swinging. she taps the video, and it's kate and i swinging together from a few weeks ago. i smile, and so does kate in the reflection of her phone. the video is just us swinging, and they were lucky enough to get the part where we did the backflip. she taps out of the tweet, and the caption says "silk and a friend of hers swinging around town." i look at the profile, and their username is 'silkupdates'. i smile, before kate scrolls down to the comments. 'you sure that's her friend?" "that should be me :(" "i ship" the comments says, and i quietly laugh. "what's so funny?" kate says, turning off her phone. "nothing." i say, and kate lays her head on mine. "tell me!" "the 'i ship' comment made me laugh." i say and i feel kate smile.

i feel the bed shaking harshly, and i open my eyes, interrupted from my sleep. "the hell...?" i say, getting off the bed. i walk to the large blinds, opening it. i squint my eyes, as there's a bright flash, the blue sky getting a small rip in it, colors being magenta and cyan, barely visible. glasses on. i look at the time on the glasses, showing 6:34am. zoom in.  i shift my gaze to the rip in the sky, and see something falling out. "what is that?" i mumble, trying to zoom in more, but it's too far away. "y/n?" kate's tired voice says, and i turn around. glasses off. "hey kate." i say, smiling. "what's going on? it's so early..." she says, rubbing her eyes. "i don't know... i saw a rip in the sky and something falling out, but it was too far to see." i say, turning back to the sky. the rip was now closed, and i furrow my eyebrows. "it's gone now." i say, looking around in case it moved somewhere else. "you sure you aren't just hallucinating?" kate says. "i'm positive. i'm gonna go check it out, you go back to sleep." i say, walking up to kate. "be careful." she says, and i smile, bending down. i kiss her head, and she lays back on the pillow, eyes closed. i smile slightly, walking out the door, before quietly closing it. 

suit on. i open the front door, swinging to roughly where the rip was. i run across the building, doing a side flip off, connecting to another building, swinging. "morning silk!" someone yells out and i look down, waving. "morning!" i say, taking a turn left. after a few more minutes, i see a small figure in the distance, and i speed up. "miles?" i yell, but the figure doesn't turn around. i jump to a street lamp, jumping off, giving me a slight boost. i web to a building horizontally, pulling, giving me a big speed boost. "hey miles! stop!" i yell, once i get fairly close. the figure turns around, swinging to the top a building. i grunt, running up the building, stopping once i get to the top. "since when did you change your color scheme, miles? and i thought peter was gonna teach you swinging, although it seems like you've got the han-" i cut myself off, as the figure turns around. 

a/n - bit of a cliff hanger heheh pls remember to vote!!!!