Chapter 12 - Hide And Seek

I was in my room just staring into the mirror, already fully clothed in my pyjamas and slippers. I thought about Nathan. Whenever he looked at me or touched me, it made me feel weird. I got a funny feeling in my stomach, and although this sounds odd, my 'downstairs'. I just wanted him. Back in the old days when I was sitting behind a screen fangirling when he came online seemed like such a blur now I was living with the band, I didn't fangirl; it's my life now. A little part of the 'fangirl me' still exists inside of me somewhere, but for now, I just love them. Like anyone who had the privilege of meeting them would. Like family. 

I gathered up some blankets and my phone and plodded down the stairs. I wasn't tired at all, I was glad we were staying up tonight. 

"Ey up!" Max shouted when I arrived at the bottom of the stairs. Max, Siva, Nareesha and Jay were all sat on the floor, Tom and Kelsey had one of the sofas and on the other, Nathan just sat there and patted the space beside him.

"Come on Em, unfortunately you're stuck next to me tonight." Unfortunately? This was brilliant! 

"Oh well, don't fall asleep on me!" I said, sitting down next to him and punching his arm. 

"To be fair, I'm not that tired tonight." He said, surprised.

"Come on mate you say that every movie night we have and you always end up falling asleep at like 2" Tom said, followed by laughs off everyone, including me. Nathan blushed, then turned to me.

"You think that's funny? Come here!" He grabbed me and started to tickle me. Then he grabbed my feet. Shit.

"No Nathan please no! My feet are my weak spot! God I will do anything!" 

"Anything?" Nathan said, obviously an innuendo was intended.

"Mate she is 14. Plus, she wouldn't be able to find it." Max said, laughing hysterically at his own joke, which was for once kinda funny. But I didn't dare laugh or he would strike at my feet. 

Nathan glared at Max, then said, "For me to let go, you have to do one thing." I was dreading this already. "For me to let go, you have to...go in the kitchen...and make me...a cuppa." He sniggered.

"DEAL!" I shouted and ran into the kitchen. As I was putting the tea bag into his mug (he had  brought his favourite one with him) I heard mumbling coming from the living room, and the words 'Emma', 'no' and 'wrong'. I walked back in holding Nath's cup of tea to find them all whispering, however I couldn't tell what they were saying. Then Kelsey spotted me and they all shut up.

"Everything ok?" I said, putting the mug down on the table next to the crisps, popcorn, chocolate and drinks.

"No. Because there is no film on! Come on Max get us one up." Siva said, pointing to the TV. Max followed the orders with groan seen as though he looked really comfy under his pillows. 

"I think the birthday girl should choose the film." I turned my head to see Nathan grinning at me.

"I am warning you, that is a horrific idea." I said, hoping they would understand. I'm really bad at choosing films. I always feel terrible if someone doesn't like my choice, but I also want to enjoy the film. Hard decisions.

"Come on Emma! I guess we can sit through at least one chick flick..." Max said flicking through the channels on demand. "I know the girls won't mind at all, will you?" Kelsey and Nareesha looked more than happy to watch "The Notebook" or "Dear John" when he hovered over them on the TV. They screamed in unison a "YES!" when he halted on Dear John. I loved that film, however I don't think Jay was at all pleased since he tilted his head to the side and began to pretend snore. I threw a pillow at him.