Unbroken Cycle

(I'm not dead, but I'm not feeling great right now. I'm also busy and can't write as much as I want to, but I'm still working on things. This is a thing for someone. You know who you are)

The first thing he could remember was someone talking to him.

"Do you know who you are?"

"No, who am I?" Their face looked disappointed, but whether it was in him or themself he couldn't tell.

"No matter. Your name is Ink, and you are the god of creation. Let's start from there."

As weeks passed, he learned more and more about his new duties, but the questions never ceased.

They held a necklace. "Do you recognize this?"

"No"

The more time passed, the less questions were asked. The kindness he had remembered was replaced by bitterness and grief, though you couldn't expect a child to understand that.

A few years later Ink barely saw them anymore, they were constantly locked behind a door doing work. Maybe that was where he learned it from.

Now almost a full-grown adult, he had his own ideas about how to run a multiverse. They didn't agree.

Eventually it boiled over.

"If you never wanted me around, why would you do this?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"You can't just do everything you have and now have a reason. I know you don't care about me and you never have."

"You're right, I never cared about you. So, just leave me alone. I took care of you and gave you a second chance, but that's not good enough. So, leave me alone." The words weren't entirely unmeant, they were said from the darkness, out of the guilt they felt.

Ink left after that, never to return. They made no attempt to reach out.

Ink's first priority was always the multiverse. Nothing else mattered. Not that it could, when he had no soul.

He still had questions. Why would they give him the vials? Why him? Just why? But they didn't matter. He worked himself away, ignoring everything and everyone who cared him.

———
I'm probably going to ignore this thing's existence now because of the massive amount of headcannoning for other people's characters. If it gets brought up it gets brought up, I just wrote this because I felt like this. See ya, imaginary people