Chapter 21

I looked at the pearly white flower in my arms.

Yes, I had bought the Yueliang that would wilt and die in a month's time.

Why?

Perhaps on a whim.

Oswald and Odelia had already admonished me for spending money on such a useless item. A million gold at that.

It really was useless. The only reason I acted on such an impulse was because I wanted to pay homage to my past self. With this plant as an offering I will let go of the tears and smiles of my past.

With the final bloom of the Yueliang, Ebony will finally cease to exist.

It's kind of sad but I really doubt that anyone from my past life would have offered anything sentimental at my funeral.

Since no one else would do it, I'll do it myself.

"Why would you spent so much for this?" Oswald still couldn't wrap his head around my decision.

"It's an offering."

"An offering? To whom?" Odelia sounded out from the side.

"An... old friend."

"Friend? Why would they need an offering?" Oswald looked sceptical.

It was normal for him to be sceptical, there was no rumour about Ciel being particularly close to anyone.

"Because they're dead. Now stop asking so much!"

"Ohh... Sorry..." Both of them apologised.

I waved my hand to let them know that it was fine.

Currently we were making our way out of the flower show.

The auction house was at the opposite end from the entry and exit gate, so we had quite a lot of ground to cover.

Oswald's blue azeaus bush was as tall as me and it was being carried by the servants at the back.

My own servants had offered to carry my Yueliang for me but I wanted to hold it in my arms. This was the last thing I was going to offer to myself as Ebony. I wanted it to be sincere.

We were walking and talking as we made our way to the exit when suddenly a group of people in black clothes, with their faces covered, surrounded us.

The bystanders quickly moved away from our small group so as to not get implicated.

I myself tensed as I smelled blood on these intruders.

Our guards formed a circle around us, Oswald joined them with a sword that I had no idea where he got from.

As the weakest in our group, Odelia and I were in the centre most of this circle.

"What do you want? Can't you see who all are here? Can you bear the the consequences of going against the Prime Minister's estate?" Oswald sounded them out.

They didn't answer but I could feel their gazes drifting towards me. I felt cold sweat building up on my back as the situation got more and more tense.

I felt a tug on my sleeves.

"What in the world are they here for?!" Odelia whispered.

I shook my head to say I had no idea.

"But they are looking at you!"

Just as Odelia's words ended, Oswald looked in my direction as well.

I shook my head frantically to show him that I was not aware of what those people wanted.

Seeing as those people refused to talk or make a move other than staring at me, Oswald decided to negotiate.