𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐰𝐨 | Princess Andromeda

☾☼☽☾☼☽

Chris Rodriguez, I was discovering, was a very skittish character. I'm not sure if it was because I'd threatened to kill him, or because he was now aware that I had three guns and a dagger on me. Either way, he needed to act more natural or he was going to draw some attention onto us.

"Would you stop panicking?"

"You just threatened to kill me."

"And if we get arrested, it'll be a hell of a lot worse." I rolled my eyes, stepping onto the busy New York street and crushing the phone in my hands. I tossed it into a nearby trash can, scowling. If Chris had found me on that rooftop, I could only assume that the son of Hermes had been using the internet to track my location. "Where are we going?"

"The docks." Chris tried to keep up with my pace as I brushed through people with my suitcase. I pitied those around me, mere mortals who lived in fear of being shot. The words 'sniper' had been on every newspaper that I had seen, and it made me smile. I liked keeping the people in fear otherwise there was no fun in my job.

I also liked seeing law enforcement struggle to catch me. It was thrilling.

"Hey! Hey, wait up!" Chris pushed through, struggling to run after me as I began to duck through alleyways to reach the docks quicker. Once this little business meeting was done, I could buy a new phone and get my next job. "Come on!"

He finally reached my side, panting as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Walk slower." Chris demanded, seeming to have worked out that I would ignore any of his questions. "You can't get on without me there."

"I'm sure I couldn't."

"You can't." I shrugged. I knew that I could. I had more than enough bullets but I was intrigued to hear what the other one had to say.

☾☼☽☾☼☽

The Princess Andromeda was not what I thought it would be. It was a large cruise sheep, all decked out as if ready for the first call to leave port. I narrowed my eyes, before following Chris up the stairs and onto the deck. Monsters surrounded us, training with demigods, and I watched it all with narrowed eyes. 

From the brief time that I was there, the little kid warriors camp that the gods run didn't approve of training with monsters, which meant that this was different. I liked different.

"This way." Chris motioned for me to catch up, leading me into the ship and past random mortals. We headed along a heavily carpeted corridor, until we reached, what I assumed, was the state room of the ship. If I was to ever go on a cruise, this would be the room that I would want. "Luke, she's here!"