17. "so just friends?"

Lena's pov

After dancing and playing around with Kouvr, for hours, since I ended up coming way earlier, I feel very comfortable and free to talk with anyone at this party. I tried to not bring up Gigi into our conversation, but I kind of thought that Mia would invite Gigi, which I am sure she did, but Gigi didn't show up. I haven't seen her. Not even Larray or Nai or Mario or Ravon. So she must be with them. Except she has friends I don't know of.

But right now, I feel kind of good. And happy. Even though the voice in the back of my head is judging me for even being able to smile.

I go to get a drink from the kitchen, leaving Kouvr with Alex. On my way, I recognize a few people from the first party I attended. Also new faces, which seems surreal because I've known these people online for the longest time and now I am like 10 feet away from them.

When I get there, I look for a bottle of water but there are only alcoholic drinks. I'm not sure I feel like drinking though.

"Looking for something?" Someone says behind me, placing their jaw on my shoulder. I turn around, making them lift their head. It's Quinton. We've never talked before. 

"Hey, um yeah. Water, please?" I ask politely. And for some reason, I don't feel as comfortable around him. Maybe because of his crooked smile and his bloodshot eyes.

"Yes, sure! Come!" He says very convinced, pulling me by my wrist to the garden outside. I follow him without saying anything, trying to keep up with his pace, even though his grip on my wrist is starting to hurt. When we get outside, the fresh air hits me, but it's not too cold. I was getting kind of hot inside anyways. He is walking up to a group of people whose faces I can't identify from here.

"Look who I found!" He yells, waving his hand. We get closer and he pulls me to sit on the couch. I see Jack's face, which makes me feel slightly more ok, even though for some reasons unknown to me, he dislikes me. Also Micheal. And Thomas. Ok, I'm good.

"Hey, I brought us some-"

I turn my head to see who is talking. It's Vinnie. He's looking at me, probably not expecting to see me here. I think that's why he stopped. But he quickly recollects himself.

"Drinks." He finishes his sentence and sits next to Jack on the grass, handing him on of the drinks in his hands. I look away to look at the other people sitting with us. I recognize some of them but not all. I also spot Amira far away. For once talking with someone else other than Vinnie.

That's when I remember why I'm here in the first place. I turn to Quinton.

"So where's the water?" I chuckle uncomfortably.

"Ohh right!" He scans the small table in front of us. "There's no water." He says, lifting his shoulders.

"Then I'm going to go look for water." I say starting to stand up.

"No stay! I'll go look for water." He leaves before I can even stop him.

I'm not liking this. I play with my nails as I try to look at Vinnie without him noticing. Jack's talking to Vinnie, turned towards him. Vinnie's turned towards his front though. And if I'm not wrong, he's looking at me. I turn to fully look at him, but in that moment he looks away. Then I turn around, just to find Amira still talking to some guy. I think he was looking at her. I'm loosing braincells from staying here. I want to leave and go back inside.

"Here you go." Quinton hands me a cup from nowhere before I can successfully leave.

"Thank you." I say and sip my water. Except it's not water. "Mm, what is this?" I scrunch my face.