First Date

Chapter 13
Azariah's pov

You would think that after spending the last thirty-six hours in bed, I would feel rested.

I don't.

All my limbs are as sore as fuck, and my stomach is only marginally better. Ehron and I were going to be having a talk about his "gift".

Sure, I vomitted up most of it, especially the bones, when I came to, but that didn't seem to help much.

I couldn't even be mad at Jace for it. Seeing as how my wild side tore up his right forearm pretty bad. He tried to assure me not to worry, it would heal quickly, but now I'm left with a ton of guilt. I never should have relied on him to babysit Ari. He's been doing it for the last couple years and I knew one day she would show him her true colours.

Jace even went as far as to try and convince me that it was Ehron's fault. He got to close, he was pushing her boundries, blah blah blah. All the excuses in the world didn't matter. He tried to hide his arm from me on the walk back to Micah's truck, but I seen enough to know she caused some serious damage.

After Micah dropped me off at home, he took Jace to the medical facility to get his arm looked at. If fifty-two stitches doesn't teach him to stay away from my wolf then nothing will. I should bake him a cake or something to apologize with, but unfortunately I didn't have anyone to teach me how to bake. Cakes that are edible anyways. I guess I could just go buy one. He would probably appreciate that more considering he's actually tried my mom's food.

The one good thing that came out of this, I didn't have to go to class yesterday. Zane had text to see if I was alright, and also to ask if we were still on for tonight. Speaking of dinner with him tonight, I glance at my clock, and am happy to see I have a good four hours before I need to be ready.

I slowly peel myself out of the bed, deciding I should probably shower before doing anything else. My entire body feels discusting. I'm sure laying in bed yesterday coughing up rabbit fur didn't help either. I couldn't even bring myself to eat the soup Jace's mom sent over for me. Might as well eat my mom's food, there's already a bad taste in my mouth.

I haven't put any thought into this date, besides that I probably shouldn't show up smelling like swamp ass. I'll figure out what to wear later, after a cup of coffee when I won't be tempted to just wear sweat pants.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this date. On one hand, Zane is super hot, and from the interactions we've had so far, he's pretty funny too. But on the other hand, how could anything serious come of this? Did he really think that I was going to get into a relationship with him, and eventually leave my pack and my future here behind? I just don't see it.

**************************

Zane's pov

I'm sure most people at some point in their lives wonder if there attractive or not.

Not me.

I know I am. That may sound conceited, but it's the truth. Most werewolves were attractive. The moon Goddess must have took pity on us, since we turn into hairy beasts, and decided our human side should be easy on the eyes.

I stare at my reflection in the bathroom mirror for a few moments before I turn and head out the door to go pick up Azariah.

Toad face my ass!!!