The Next Suitor

Mina struggled to keep her and her camels heading west through the mild sand storm if she kept the route they were on before the winds picked up she and her furred companions would be safe among the trees of the oasis halfway to Agraba. She urge Desert Rage, her mount, forward he was the leader of her trio the two females easily swayed by his mood and direction. "Common Rage the oasis isn't too far now once we are there I can set up the windbreak." She patted his neck she was always grateful to the Sultan for gifting her with the three useful animals mainly for Rage though, for his strength and loyalty towards her. She squinted noting that the wind was slowing down and the shapes of trees in the distance, she also took notice of the dawn breaking the night hold on the land "It's about time to rest any way you three need to eat and sleep" She murmured glad to finally be in the oasis that was now guarding them against the dying storm. She dismounted the camel and unsaddled him then went to untie his mate and daughter from the string and heave their loads off their backs. Once that was finished the storm had died completely she sighed with relief.

After making a tent and tying her camels to trees near the drinking pool she brushed what seemed pounds of sand out of their coats and fed them. Once her daily chores were done the tired traveler flopped onto the sand and fell asleep in the shade of the trees as the sun began its own journey across the azure sky.

What woke her near dusk wasn't the usual chill the desert took on upon the setting of the sun, nor her grumbling stomach begging for food it was the sudden sound of Rage grunting in panic and men's voices coming from the opposite end of the oasis. She sat up slowly drawing her sword from its sheath then stood to calm Rag he hated hearing voices but not seeing the person behind them "Easy big fellow guard I'll go see what's going on" She soothed stroking his muzzle and taking the halters off him and the others she knew if they needed to run they could make for home as Agraba was in sight after all. She wanted to make sure her camels would be okay if anything happened and the voices turned out to be bandits.

Slowly she inched forward sneaking through the scant foliage towards the men, 'Two men I think' she noted mentally. She carefully peeked out from behind a tree to see a young man in rags talking to... clapping her hand to her mouth she stifled a gasp he was talking to a man as blue as the sky. She looked back in shock "There's absolutely no way he is of this world I must have overheated." She whispered eying the six-foot, broad-shouldered, and shirtless blue man. She looked at his face who's lines told her he was more likely to smile than frown and his eyes. His eyes made her gulp they glittered like gemstones with many facets in more shades of blue than she thought possible from his midnight pupils to his whites which showed with a hint of blue it was only when she got lost in his eyes did she realize he had seen her and made eye contact with her. Glaring and cursing under her breath at her own stupidity she put her tree at her back holding her sword at the ready position. "I apologize for the intrusion gentlemen," She eyed them looking at the much shorter and skinnier man in rags she sighed in relief at least he looked normal enough with copper skin, dark chocolate eyes, and glossy black hair. He stood about five feet six inches and he had a monkey on his shoulder. She noted that the popper was rather attractive 'In a roguish sort of way.' She thought then continued to address them "I hope I'm not making too bold of an inquiry as to ask what is going on here and who you are?"

The young normal-looking man eyed her gulping he never liked swords pointed in his direction but this woman was almost as beautiful as the princess he was hoping to court. She was about his height with long dark hair and almost golden eyes. she was in a travelers garb to protect her from the sun but the white cotton robe she wore was slipping off revealing a red breast band around her small bosom and pants similar to the ones he himself wore with leather boots. Her body was lean and wiry with powerful muscles from training with a sword and hand-to-hand combat. She glared more when he seemed not to want to answer her yellow-brown eyes made him think of the poisonous cobra's snake charmer had "Aladdin my name is Aladdin I'm from Agraba" He gestured at the blue man "This is Genie I found his lamp and now I have wished to become a prince so I can marry the princess I'm madly in love with her please I don't mean any harm" he rambled."

Her eyes went wide and the corner of her dark lips quivered with hidden laughter as she sheathed her blade "Easy lad I'm not going to kill you I'll let Raja handle that for me that is if you can't win her over" She smirked making her eyes even more snake-like. She turned her attention to the monkey and pulled and dried fruit from her pocket "And who is your charming little friend?" She asked holding the treat out to the monkey.

"This is Abu he's my good friend" Aladdin replied calming down a little she seemed more and more like an ordinary woman to him most women he knew fawned over his monkey.

After meeting Abu she turned to gasp her camels were being led into the clearing by the genie with packs and saddle all ready to go "But how did you manage Rage savages any stranger who comes near him!"

Genie gave her a prideful grin "I can speak to animals among other kinds of powers, Rage is wild but reasonable and magic made it easy to do." He chuckles handing her the reins "He says you have important Chinese scrolls on magic to deliver to your father as soon as possible Mina maybe while I grant Aladdin's first wish you should hurry and tell the sultan we're coming."

The woman glared at her mount "He must also be loose-tongued I'm glad humans can't understand him the slack jaw" She chuckles "I suppose I can inform the nobles no problem on that but my father will have a field day he'll not be pleased by the short notice He always has to be so stiff"

Genie smiled his smile drew her eyes to his she noted how his eyes seemed to shine more with his smile she loved blue eyes she wanted to look more suddenly she looked away 'You only just met him you idiot stop acting like a teenager eying her first crush.' Aladdin suddenly butted in "Do you live in the palace?" He asked looking at the insignia on her cotton cloak which she was now fastening to her shoulders.

She nodded "Yes I work as maid and bodyguard to the princess occasionally as a carrier for my father and the sultan when special deliveries come in from overseas and they can't trust anyone else to collect them. My father is the royal Vasir our sultan's closest advisor"

Aladdin looked shocked "Jafar but he's a monster pardon my saying but everyone in the lower city hates him he sends his bully boys to snatch people for his magical experiments you can't be serious that such a man is your father!"

She slowly nodded shuddering with him "Some of those experiments are performed on me but don't worry I help his captives and their families escape whenever I can." She explained "In truth, he has a magical hold on the sultan he hypnotizes him, unfortunately, it would be dangerous to break his hold on the old man too fast one has to wean the sultan off his magic like a baby off milk or the sultan will die"

Aladdin's eyes went wide "I see if we can help I don't mind please what can we do to help?" He asked.

"Distract the princess while I take care of the sultan I found a healing spell in the Chinese scrolls I practiced it on the way here it helps people off of substances, magical or not in nature, that they have a dependency on once I have gotten the sultan some control of himself I want someone to smash my father's staff it's the only power he truly has with magic mine is in my bracelet and a few potions" she explained showing them her brass bracelet of two serpents wrapped around her arm "I was scared I wouldn't be able to pull this off as I was alone but with help, I think it might be possible and if you help me I shall help you win the princess's heart after all if you save her father seemingly single-handedly surely you can win her hand with ease."

The genie grinned "That's right Aladdin nothing says marry me like saving a woman's father" He turned to Mina "But aren't you scared of betraying your old man like this it could break your family"

Mina sighs "He destroyed our family when he betrayed the Sultan I'm not going to executioners hill as an accessory to his betrayal I'm not paying the price for his crimes." She held her head up with pride and stubbornness "I'll see you all at the palace right?" the two men nodded as she mounted her camel. "Very well I'll prepare rooms for you see you when you arrive, Prince...?"

Aladdin scrambled for an alias "Ali, Ali Ababua Lady mina"