Coffee - Five Hargreeves

~(y/n) POV~

"Hurry up, Five! We're gonna be late!!" I yelled at him.

"Ok, ok! Just let me finish these equations." He said. "Ok... If that equals that..." he mutters to himself. "... Then that should work!"

"What should?"

He snaps his notebook shut and looks at me. "Time travel." He says as he throws the book onto his bed.

"Wait, time travel?" I repeat. The bell rings, signifying that it's time for lunch. "Shit. We gotta go." I begin to run out of his room, but he grabs my hand, stopping me. "What are you doing? We're gonna be late!"

"It'll be faster if I jump us there."

"Ok, fair enough. Do it." I say, bracing for the side effects. Five jumps us to the dining room in time, seeing as the others just got to their seats. "Phew..." I let out a small sigh of relief. We all then wait for Dad. He walks in and tells us to sit. We do. We eat in silence. While we eat, I look up and see Luther and Allison making out with only their eyes. They clearly and obviously have a thing for each other. I look at Diego. He's doing something with his knives. I look at Klaus, who is currently rolling a joint. Poor kid. It's the only thing he can do to keep the ghosts away, or that's what he tells me. Ben is just reading a book. Vanya... I think she's just existing. Finally, I look at Five. He hasn't even touched his food. He looks at me and nods. I nod back. Five then looks at Dad and grabs his knife. He stabs the table, making everyone stop what they're doing and look at him. Ok, wasn't expecting that.

"Number Five?" Dad asks.

"I have a question." Five says.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you should know the rules. No talking during mealtime. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

"I want to time travel."

"No."

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said!" He then jumps next to Dad. "See?"

Dad pauses. "A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it." Five says quietly.

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

Five then looks at me, desperate. I shake my head.

"I'm not afraid." He says, looking back at Dad.

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable." Five scoffs quietly. "Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore." Five looks back at me and nods. He then walks towards the door. "Number Five?! You haven't been excused!"

"Dammit, Five." I sigh. I get up and follow him.

"Number Eight! You have not been excused, either! Come back here!" We don't hear him after we run out of the door.

"Five, are you crazy?!" I say as we walk.

"Probably!" He yells, grabbing my hand as he jumps.

I look around. "Wait, wasn't it just darker?"

"Oh my God... Oh my God! (y/n), I did it! I time traveled!" He says, laughing and taking both of my hands.

I gasp. "Oh my God, you did!" I smile.

He lets go of my left hand and begins to run. "'Not ready', my ass." He said under his breath. "C'mon! Let's see if we can go farther!" He tries again. It's snowing!