Isn't It Lovely...? - Five Hargreeves

~(y/n) POV, 17 years ago~

"Diego, behind you!" I yell to my brother. He looks behind him and immediately ducks for cover from the gunfire.

"Thanks, little sis!" He yells back. I smile slightly. Even though we're the same age, he sees me as his little sister, and I see him as my big brother. I see the rest of my siblings as the older ones, too. Except Vanya. Her, we all see as our little sister.

"You're welcome, brother! Ally, how we doing on the bomb?!" I yell to Allison.

"Working on it!" She yells back. "I heard a rumor you two walked away." She said to the guards protecting the explosive. "Five! I need you!"

"I'm coming!" Five responds. He then blinks to Allison's location and helps her disarm the bomb.

"Klaus! Where are you?!" Luther shouts.

"Relax! I'm coming!" Klaus yells back.

"(y/n), do I have to do this?" Ben asks.

"Ben, look at me. After this, we can go home, relax, and everything will be ok. Ok?" Ben nods, stepping out from behind the cover and uses his power to take out a vast majority of the bad guys. "Yes, Ben!" I look back at Five and Allison. "Ally?! Five?! How you doing?!"

"Almost done!" Five yells. "And... Done! (y/n), we got it!"

"Yes! Now we just need to finish off these guys and go home!" I then use my own spatial jump power to unalive the last few bad guys.

"Is that all of them?" Luther asks as we all regroup together.

"I think so, minus the odd stragglers that are still standing."

"Alright. Well, I think this is a job well done!"

"Finally!" Klaus says.

"We can go home now?" Ben asks.

"Yes we can, Benny boy. Yes we can." I say, pulling him into a side hug. We walk out in number order. Luther in the front, me in the back. As we're walking, I feel a pair of hands grab me. "Aaahh!" I cry out, trying to get free. I feel a stinging sensation in my neck. What the... "Diego! Five!" I yell, hoping to get their attention, while also trying to use my powers. I couldn't.

I did. "(y/n)!" They all yell, running to try and save me.

"Five! Can't you just blink there and save her?!" Luther yells.

"Yeah!" He then tries to blink to me. "Oh no..." He tries again. "No! C'mon! Shit. I'm sorry. I can't. I tried. I'm drained!"

It was too late anyways. The people that nabbed me already put me in a van and drove off.

And that was the last time I saw my siblings.

~Five POV, 45 years later~ (would I say 45 or 17???)

I sigh as I take off my seatbelt and wait in the car for Hazel and Cha-Cha with Luther. "You know, I never enjoyed it."

"What?" Luther asks.

"The killing. I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." I sigh again. "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." I look at him. He actually does somewhat know what I've been through. Of course, for not as long as me, but still. "You think they'll buy it?" He asks, changing the topic.