♟️Firsts♟

"Bae, you busy?"

Desmond called out to Jaden from the bottom of the stairs. She had just finished decorating the great room in their home. For the first time, Jaden was excited about Christmas. It'd be the first one in their new home and the first one for the baby.

Even though Destiny wouldn't remember her first Christmas, Jaden didn't care. She had to make it special.

"Bae," Desmond repeated, now walking into the room.

"Yeah?" Jaden answered but didn't turn around, she was making sure the tree had all the decorations she could fit. They were having guests over tomorrow evening and she needed everything to be perfect.

"I want to take you out tonight." He announced sliding his arm around her.

She spun around in his grasp, "It's really cold out. I don't wanna take Destiny outside yet."

"Mom's gonna spend the night and watch her for us since she was supposed to come in the morning to cook for the party. It'll only be a few hours."

Jaden huffed and one of their dogs perked his ears up, waiting for his command. Desmond bought two Tibetan Mastiffs to protect the house, but because Jaden never left the house, they'd come to protect her, even from her husband.

"Jaceon will be over too." He said staring down at the dogs. "You need a break."

"Zeus, Spike, outside," Jaden commanded. "The guest rooms are ready to go." She smiled.

The large dogs lazily got up and headed for the stairs to go outside.

"I have to shower," Jaden called to Desmond as she went downstairs.

"I'll meet you in our bedroom."

Jaden came into the bedroom and heard the shower running. She followed the sound. Desmond stood in the mirror, shirtless touching his scar, as usual.

"Does it hurt anymore?" Jaden asked softly, touching his back.

"Nope," Desmond said turning around to face her. He picked her up and kissed her lips.

Jaden missed the feeling she felt between her legs when he took control like that.

He sat her on the counter and pulled her t-shirt over her head.

"Wait," she stopped him when he pulled at her sweat pants. "Grab the baby monitor off the bed."

He quickly exited the bathroom and grabbed the baby monitor, making sure their daughter was still sleeping.

"She's good." He told her.

Jaden checked her phone then took off the rest of her clothes, "We've got about thirty minutes until she wakes up to feed."

Desmond picked her back up after taking off his joggers, "I only need fifteen." He kissed her neck.

"You won't even last ten." She egged him on.

The couple hadn't been intimate in months. After Desmond was shot, Jaden was too afraid to touch him. She was worried about his injuries. And once Jaden started showing in her pregnancy, Desmond was afraid he'd hurt the baby.

Jaden had her checkup a few days prior, but the doctor warned her to take things slowly because things may feel differently since this was her first time giving birth.

She was worried about birth control so she hadn't started any yet. The last time she was on the IUD, she saw how 'effective' that was.

She planned to think it over and wait a few more weeks, but seeing her man shirtless, always did something to her.

Desmond wanted Jaden more now than he ever did before. Seeing his wife, nurture and take care of their child, made her so much more irresistible.

As Jaden called it, not even ten minutes later he exploded inside her like it was his very first time.

"That shit snappin. Somebody lied to me." Smiled in satisfaction.

"Lied about what?" She asked curiously as she cleaned herself up.

"Donte told me after y'all push out a baby, it don't feel the same. Shit feel even better to me." He shrugged.

"I don't know if that's a compliment, but remind me to sock him when I see him." Jaden laughed. "Y'all are sick."

•••

"Bae, she'll be fine," Desmond assured Jaden.

He noticed she wouldn't relax and kept checking her phone.

"It's my first time away." she expressed.

"I know, but it's gon be aight. We won't leave her again until your birthday." He promised.

"Where are we goin for my birthday?"

"It's a surprise. But I know you'll enjoy it."

Jaden finally relaxed when Jace texted her a picture of Destiny sleeping in her grandma's arms.

After the couple was done eating, Desmond told her he had a surprise for her.

"Don't be mad at me," Desmond said.

Jaden scrunched her face up and cocked her head to the side, "What you do?" She asked.

Desmond nodded his head over and a man walked up and stood near the table.

"Jaden, this is—"

"My dad?" Jaden finished his sentence.

"Hi Jaden, I'm Jermaine." The man stuck his honey brown hand out to shake hers.
"It's nice to see you."

Jaden placed her hand on her chest to catch her breath. Desmond got up and moved to the chair next to her.

"Oh my God." She whispered. "You're my father?"

"I know you have a lot of questions, if you'd like I'll sit here, and you can ask away." The man took a seat across the table.

Jaden sat up straight and wiped away the tears that were attempting to slide down her face, before speaking,

"Where have you been?"

♟•••••♟