Stars(High School, Part 2)

Ranboo stared at Tubbo, dumbfounded. Tubbo took this as a rejection and immediately tried to make things better. "I–I mean y–you don't have to accept. I understand if–if you liked someone else. I don't–um," Tubbo began stumbling over his own words. "I mean as a friend? Um–"

Tubbo was cut short when Ranboo kissed him. It was short and sweet, just the way Tubbo wanted it. He felt like his brain was having an internal meltdown.

"Uh?" Tubbo asked.

"I love you too, Tubbo." Ranboo smiled, squeezing his hand. Tubbo stared at him.

"W–what?" He became vaguely aware of the fact that Ranboo was very close to him, and that he couldn't stop smiling.

Ranboo leaned in closer next to him. "I love you, Tubbo. I've loved you forever since the day I first saw you."

Was the temperature going up? It definitely felt like that to Tubbo.

"What are we?" Tubbo asked suddenly.

Ranboo carefully worded his response. "What do you want us to be?"

"I–I don't know. I mean I want to be with you, but it's all kinda sudden. Like a dream come true but I don't know what to do with it."

Ranboo looked a bit hurt. He sighed. "Take your time, Tubbo. I'll be waiting."

Tubbo gently kissed him. "It was a joke, you thick–headed idiot!"

Ranboo's eyes lit up. "So we're dating?"

Tubbo jabbed him in the ribs. "Figure it out, Sherlock," he laughed. They both sat in silence, enjoying the night sky, but mostly, each other's company.

A cold breeze blew over the roof. Tubbo shivered. Ranboo raised an eyebrow.

"You okay?"

"F–fine," Tubbo chattered.

"No, you're not," Ranboo observed. "Here take my hoodie. That should warm you up," he added, taking it off.

"I'm fine," Tubbo insisted. "Won't you feel cold, then?"

"Your health is more important than mine," Ranboo replied stubbornly, shoving it into his hands.

There was no arguing with him. Tubbo could see it. He had that steely determination in his eyes that showed he wasn't going to give up until he achieved his goal. Tubbo reluctantly took it and pulled it over his head. Wow. He felt really warm in it. There was even Ranboo's lingering scent in it. It was almost like he was holding him in his arms. He smiled at the thought. After watching the meteors for a few more hours, both began to feel drowsy.

"Wanna go to bed?" Tubbo yawned. "I'm getting a bit sleepy."

"Yeah," Ranboo agreed. Tubbo began to get up, but Ranboo pulled him back down into his lap.

"But not the way you think," Ranboo smirked.

"What?" Tubbo laughed.

"I want you to sleep here," he whispered into his ear. It chills down Tubbo's spine.

"On the roof? You know how much trouble we're going to be in if anyone finds us here, right?" Tubbo smiled.

"Yes, but I don't care. All I want is you. I want to be with you, Tubbo. I don't care what anyone else thinks."

"Alright, you win," he allowed himself to melt into Ranboo's embrace. "There's just one thing you have to promise me," Tubbo murmured sleepily.

"Mm?"

"Never leave me. I don't ever want to be separated from you."

"I'll never leave or forget you, Tubbo. That's a promise."

"Promise?" Tubbo asked with earnest eyes.

"Promise," Ranboo replied affirmatively, squeezing his hand.

____________________________________________________________

Remember to keep hydrated, stay healthy, and eat well during these times!

And remember you are loved <3