Part 1

The sound of your friend's laughter finally breaks through to your ears, and you pull yourself up straight, clearing your throat in the process. You attempt to drag your gaze away from the sight in front of you, but you're too intrigued to truly do it or annoyed. Maybe disgusted. You can't be entirely sure.

All you know is that watching girls flock all over Sunwoo and Hyunjae is both hilarious and embarrassing, and you couldn't look away.

"Admiring the view?" Your best friend, Sophia, leans over and asks when she catches you staring at the two boys.

You scoff in response. "As if."

"You know, if you want to hook up with one of them, I'm sure they'd be very open to the idea."

Turning around, you glare at Sophia's boyfriend, Eric, who just gives you a cheeky smile in response. Before you can express your disgust, your mutual friend Kevin comes around the table, undoubtedly drawn to the gossip he's sure you're discussing.

"Who's hooking up?"

"No one," you shut him down before a full-blown rumor can spread and turn to Eric, "and I'd rather choke on my own tongue than hook up with one of them."

"Dramatic," Kevin mutters before sinking down into the seat next to you.

Eric snickers at your response, eyes crinkling in delight, while Sophia gives you a soft smile. You turn back around to your original position and ignore them. The absolute last thing you needed was a rumor to spread through their friend group that you liked one of them. You can already imagine the teasing that would come with that, and it was kicking in your fight or flight response.

Your eyes dance around the university quad, watching other students hustle to their classes or leisurely stroll with friends. You tip your head back and enjoy the light warm breeze that travels through the air. The rest of the boys joke around and hang out at the tables surrounding you as you all kill time in between classes, but you don't pay much attention to them.

The only reason you're even over here is because of Sophia and Kevin. They're the ones that are friends with this group of people, and while you're friendly and greet each other whenever you see one another, they're not people you'd spend a lot of your time with. They're all nice, but they're also loud, chaotic, and the constant string of girls they run through bugs you. The older you get, the more you've grown to like your quiet and your space. Being around so many people drains your energy.

"I'm almost positive my math professor has a deal with Satan," Jacob says in greeting as he plops down next to Kevin, who immediately responds.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the whole faculty got together and made a deal with him."

You turn your head and look at Kevin with curiosity. "Are your classes that bad?"

"He didn't tell you about the assignment he tried to turn in late last week?" Jacob asks you, his angelic features showing his amusement.

"Maybe if he didn't have Beyonce playing in his headphones throughout the entirety of class, he'd know when things are due." Sophia chimes in.

You and Eric laugh as Jacob looks at Kevin with disappointment. Kevin pointedly ignores his stare and looks at Sophia with a scrunched face.

"That's irrelevant."

Shaking your head, your eyes rove over the quad once again, and they eventually end up falling on Sunwoo and Hyunjae. Only this time, they're joined by Juyeon and a new group of girls. You know they’re popular, know about their fuckboy reputations, but to witness it first hand is a different thing entirely.