PREFERENCE EIGHT - How They React When You Tell Them You're Pregnant

Roger:

You were currently in the bathroom, awaiting the results of the test you had just taken. For the last few weeks you had felt nauseous and tired and so wanted to rule everything out. Roger was out in the garden with the dogs, giving you the space and time you needed.

The timer went off and you looked down at the test. Positive. You smiled as happy tears flowed from your eyes. You wasted no time in picking up the test and shoving it in your pocket before running outside to tell Roger. You ran as fast as you could, and, when you reached him, he had to steady you.

"Calm down, love. What's wrong?" He asked, still holding you in his arms.

"There's nothing wrong," You said, out of breath from sprinting all the way from the house to halfway across one of the surrounding fields. "I've got something to tell you."

"What is it?" His blue eyes searching your face., waiting for you to say something.

"I'm pregnant." You pulled out the test and placed it in his hands, he looked down with it as he fumbled on with it, not believing what he was seeing, or hearing.

"This... This is fantastic!" He smiled brightly, turning his attention to you. "We're having a baby!" He grinned, wrapping his arms around you and placing soft and tender kisses to your face. When he pulled away, he placed one of his hands on your abdomen. "I can't wait to meet you, little one."

Pete:

You and Pete had gone for a day out in Brighton, as he had promised you he'd take you to the beach. Of course, there was record shops involved too, but you didn't mind - you rather enjoyed going shopping with Pete. Right now though you were taking a slow stroll along the beach, hand in hand with Pete.

"Pete." You looked up at him.

"Hmm?" He looked back at you lovingly as you both stopped in your tracks and turned to face each other.

"I'm pregnant."

"You're... you mean.. we're going to have a baby?" He asked in shock.

You nodded. "We are."

His shocked expression change to a one of pure joy. "I can't believe this! I'm so happy, are you?" He asked as he wrapped you up in his arms, placing his chin on top of your head.

"I'm more than happy." You smiled into his chest.

"This is all I've ever wanted," He whispered, "My own family.. with you."

John:

You had somehow bribed John to go out shopping with you on a grey day. You have purposefully pulled him into a shop that sold baby clothes, telling him it was just for a quick look. He was confused as, as far as he was aware, you both weren't having a baby. But nevertheless, he followed you inside.

You rushed over to the tiny baby jumpsuits and found a one that read 'Worlds Best Daddy' written on it. You smiled to yourself as you picked it off the rack.

"John! Look at this, isn't it cute!" A soft smile tugged at his lips as he took it from you.

"It's very cute.. adorable if I was being honest."
You smiled widely at his comment. "I can't wait until we have a family of our own." He continued as your smile grew.

"You won't have to wait much longer." You looked up at him as he gave you a confused look, giving you your cue to continue. "I'm pregnant." He laughed as he brought you into a loving embrace. "This is just fantastic." He whispered as he rubbed your back. "Thank you, love, for giving me my own family." And that was all it took, to smuggle further into his chest. You finally had your own family, and a place to call home.

Keith:

You were seated on the sofa in the house that you and Keith shared. You were reading a magazine that you had found laying around, there wasn't anything particularly interesting in it, but stopped another bout of boredom from hitting while waiting for Keith to come home.

After a few hours, he had returned home. He found you sat on the sofa, this time looking through the tv, seeing if there was anything on.
You turned to look at him and you found him wearing a cheeky grin.

"What?" You smirked, turning back towards the tv.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, crossing his arms trying to be serious.

"Why didn't I tell you what?"

"That you were pregnant." He stated, walking further into the room.

"I was too scared, I didn't know how you'd react." You turned to look at him.

"You shouldn't be scared, I'm very happy." He exclaimed as he ran towards you, laughing with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"This is going to be fun!"

You laughed along with him. Boy would it be fun, trying to control Keith AND a baby. But you wouldn't change anything for the world.

꧁☘︎︎꧂

Hello everyone! I'm aware this is WELL overdue! I have been sitting some exams, and got my maths results back and failed it ☹️ So I apologise for being MIA for a while. But I am back and ready to write lots more! I hope you're all keeping well and staying safe ❤️❤️

Also, such sad news to hear of the passing of Meatloaf today. Sending all my love to his family, friends and fans at this sad time. May he rest in peace. Gone but never forgotten. Fly high legend ❤️❤️